The draft buzz on the Seattle Seahawks has been consistent. A good team lead by a great quarterback, but have legit holes on both sides of the ball. When you watch the film on the Hawks’ the lack of pass rush as well as a consistent runner on offense, really stick out. While Chris Carson, has had some really bright moments, he is in a contract year, and again having injury issues. As far as the pass rush, even with adding pro-bowler Carlos Dunlap, the defense still lacks in this department. With that being said I decided to look at the prospects out of Coastal Carolina, and show how they fit, what it is coach Carroll loves to do.
1) RB C.J. Marable
Marable is different. Seems like every time I look up he is scoring or making another big play. While the talk will be the opponents he has faced, but I will say this. Coastal has more wins against top 25 teams, than Ohio State does this year. Ask BYU, these kids are legit. Marable may be the most special of them all, on the offensive side of the ball. He is a big play waiting to happen. Whether, in the run game or the passing game, adding Marable to an already stacked offense, would only help Russell Wilson, and maybe even elongate his career. Watch the film.
2) EDGE Jeffrey Gunter
Perhaps the most talked-about problem for the Seahawks all year is the Hawks defense. They need help rushing the passer, and disrupting offenses. Add in Gunter, and watch the kid play. A true pass rusher that can also play in space, and stop the run. An addition like Gunter would help the defense on so many levels. Setting the edge, while also allowing those famous linebackers to run freely. It would also help hide some of the passing defense deficiencies. Gunter has the tools to be a game wrecker, so adding him to a roster in need of youth, would be a huge get.
3) DE Tarron Jackson
Perhaps no football player has helped themselves more than Jackson, this year. Recently added to a stacked Reese’s Senior Bowl, for good reason. He is a true problem for any offense. Versatility is key, and Jackson can offer that as well. A legit pass rusher and game disrupter, He would be a huge get for the Hawks defense. Lining up opposite Dunlap, while letting Gunter, come as well, could have the Hawks offense housing the potential to be the best pass-rushing defense. Jackson can be a difference-maker, and adding him to the team would be the right step in getting a possible star.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- That Sports Guy’s Podcast: Shemar Jean-Charles, DB, Appalachian State nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/shemar… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/WMwa2u8is1
about 10 mins ago
- Getting to Know NFL Draft Prospect: Nick Broeker, LT, Ole Miss nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/nick-b… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/ZTOvrm1yRL
about 18 mins ago
- Fantasy Doctors: DeVonta Smith surgery update | Heisman winner needed two surgeries on his hand… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 23 mins ago
- NFLHeads Draft Prospect Interview: Jeremy Bell, CB, University of Charleston nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/jeremy… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 26 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Adam Mannie, SS/LB, Missouri Southern University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/adam-m… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago