At this point in the 2020 season, it isn’t a secret, the Philadelphia Eagles, are in need of a few reinforcements. Good news, Bad news, the bad news is, with the trade deadline over, the chances of a stud player, walking through the door is slim to none. The good news is, with the season more than half over, the Eagles front office has this year’s coming draft to look forward to. Where to start might be the biggest issue, as the birds are lacking in a few spots. With that said I decided to look at the defensive backfield, particularly the corners. I searched high and low and found three CB’s, that could come in and help right away.
1) Rodarius Williams, Oklahoma State.
The brother of Cleveland Browns, CB, Greedy Williams, needless to say, talent runs in the family. Built to man the outside, at 6 feet, 190 LBs, Williams is a legit prospect. Although he isn’t a household name, just yet, doesn’t speak to his talent. Capable of playing in man, or in the zone, he is capable of giving WR’s fits across the league. Watching the tape, it’s hard to find an issue with his game. As he has grown in his college career, his talent has doubled. Adding a talent like his would give the Eagles a legit number two to place with all-pro Darius Slay. Also, a player who could become the number one CB, sooner than later.
2) K.J. Sails, USF.
The former North Carolina Tar heel is a monster on the backend. Able to moved inside to cover the slot, or outside, and follow, an opponent’s number 1. Aside from his talent, which is immense, Sails is an intelligent player. He never seems to be out of place, never takes a false step, and seems to know what the offense is doing most of the time. He has the capability to play in both man and zone, and never shies away from contact. As he looks to put his nose on the ball, any time it’s called for. The addition of Sails, would give the birds that much needed CB boost and a player that could help lead on the backend for years to come.
3) Nashon Wright, Oregon State.
The last Oregon State, CB, I felt comfortable calling a star, was Brandon Browner. Fast forward to now, and Wright has all the makings of a legit, rising star. he is an aggressive corner, who loves contact, and wants the best WR all the time. He has the swagger defensive coordinators, are looking for, to go along with the tools to keep a receiver up at night. Adding this ascending talent would be a huge to get for any team.
Do me a favor and put on the tape, and watch any one of these rising stars. Maybe lesser known to the basic football fan, but all three are looking like legit steals at the next level. I would love to hear your thoughts, send them over. @JonM_Salter
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:South Carolina High School Football Player Mikell McKelvey was shot and killed on Thanksgiving Day… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 13 mins ago
- NFL Heads hand out their Pro Bowl Votes, Josh Allen and Big Ben both snubbed? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/pro-bo… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 21 mins ago
- ICYMI:Draft buzz: Catching up with Miami Hurricanes WR Xavier Restrepo nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/xavier… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/4XXhaZ0Jul
about 26 mins ago
- ICYMI:Three offseason trades the Philadelphia Eagles, front office should consider nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/eagles… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 30 mins ago
- ICYMI:Draft Buzz: Catching up with Coastal Carolina CB D’Jordan Strong nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/djorda… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/Wg7VwMydpw
about 31 mins ago