Desmond King II is one of the most underrated prospects in the NFL and he is not being used properly. According to Adam Schefter, the Chargers have officially listed him on the trade block.
Yesterday, the Chargers made him inactive which usually means they are planning to trade you. There are several teams that could use the young safety/punt returner.
In his young career, King has 161 tackles, 6.5 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, 17 PBU’s and 3 interceptions. The crazy stat though is he has four touchdowns on returns, and over 1,600 yards.
So let’s break down 5 teams that could use him.
Cleveland Browns – The Browns need to get on the phone. The Steelers keep winning and the Browns are competing with the Ravens to shoot for a wildcard. Adding a player like King makes too much sense. This would be one of the best trades the Browns could make. He can help them in two areas.
Pittsburgh Steelers – King joins Minkah Fitztpatrick and Joe Haden in the Steelers secondary. King will help the Steelers have one of the best defensive back sets in football. King will come in and start right away. The Steelers want to win and they are not sitting back. They are looking to stay undefeated.
Arizona Cardinals – The Cardinals love versatile players. Budda Baker is finally stepping up but players like Patrick Peterson is a free agent next year. Adding King could be a great addition. The 5’10, 200 pounder can play slot, safety or corner. When you add in he can return, how can you not have interest?
Buffalo Bills – I think the Bills could look at King as a slot corner. If they do this is a must fit. King is better than Taron Johnson and he can be a huge asset in the Special teams game. If there is an injury to Hyde or Poyer, King can drop there an play coverage. The Bills love versatility and King fits the mold.
Tennessee Titans – The Titans are a contender right now and Desmond King would be a huge at nickel. He is on the last year of his rookie contract and his cap is only 1.3 million. The Titans would get a rental player for a few weeks but why not when you are trying to win your division?
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Fanelli’s Fave Five Prop Bets for TNF: Washington Football Team vs. Dallas Cowboys ift.tt/33ifw1C
about 42 mins ago
- Fantasy Doctors: Giovani Bernard Injury Update, Bengals back is suffering from a concussion nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/giovan…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 43 mins ago
- Did You See This:Fantasy Doctors: Teddy Bridgewater Injury Update, Teddy is practicing today…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 50 mins ago
- Fantasy Doctors: Raheem Mostert Injury Update, Will he return this week? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/raheem… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/ulTnhIDe2o
about 55 mins ago
- Fantasy Doctors: Myles Gaskin Injury Update, Will he return this week? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/myles-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/KPkbAFRkx4
about 56 mins ago