- Name: Antwan Shipp
- Height: 5’10
- Weight: 173
- Position: Running back/ KR/PR
- College: Capital University
- Twitter: @Twan34shipp
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
• Easily Olive Garden
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
• My elusiveness and speed
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
• Get my Mom and Dad houses.
What has been your biggest failure?
• Not winning two state titles in high school
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• I am more than sure they would say my speed and ability to lead when needed.
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
• I can confidently say there’s two individuals whos work ethic are unmatched and they are WR Mike Smith and my fellow running back Dylan Schoonover
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
• Twan and “slash” that name came from a old coach because growing up I would always play more than one position. Said I reminded him of Kordell Stewart
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
• I am working on a business degree. If football doesn’t work out, then I plan to own a business as to what I want to own …I’m not sure yet. There are always ideas flowing through my head on a daily though.
What is your coolest life moment?
• So, I have two. The first was graduating high school and being the first of my family to get into college. The second was seeing my name ranked as one of the nation’s best kick returners in 2018
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
• “Banned” by lil Wayne from his no ceilings mix tape
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking?
Who is your favorite football team?
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
- 100% WILL GET THE JOB DONE
- Competitive as hell
- TEAM LEADER
- TEAM PLAYER
- FOOTBALL IQ THROUGH THE ROOF
- NOT YOUR AVERAGE PLAYER
- ARRIVES EARLY AND LEAVES LATE
- FULL OF CONFIDENCES
What is your biggest fear?
• Not being successful
Take us through game day, How do you prepare?
• Wake up, have a small breakfast, go to devotion, team meeting. While we’re taking our traditional team walks to the stadium, I would listen to my motivational playlist ya know? Songs that get me hyped. Once inside the stadium immediately head to treatment for some light maintenance on the body. Also while I’m in there I like to get on YouTube and watch videos of some really great pro/college running backs who I model my style after such as Alvin Kamara, Corey Clement, Tony Brooks-James,
De’Anthony Thomas, LaMichael James, and Kenjon Barner. After all that is done, I make a phone call to my dad and no matter what he’s doing he will drop everything to talk to me before I head on the field and he gives me a little pep talk and basically tells me to go out there and do what I do. Then it’s GAME TIME.
Do you have any hobbies?
• I’m a gamer and I like to rap
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
• Corey Clement and Miles Sanders and a few others
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My dad and my 12th grade running back coach. Two totally different people that I have learned a lot from. Most of the time I am absolute aw at how they handle life and certain situations. So much to the point that I unconsciously adopted some of the things they do and the way they think. I love them for that, and I am beyond blessed to have them in my life.
What motivates you to work hard?
• Wanting a better life for my loved one. Just want to be in a better position and not live paycheck to paycheck.
Follow Us on Facebook