Travis Fulgham has been an underdog his entire career. He walked on to Old Dominion, and earned a scholarship at the end of his first season with the Monarchs. He would have a hell of a career.
As a senior, Fulgham led Conference USA with 1,083 receiving yards and a 17.2 yards per catch and was named second team All-Conference USA. He finished his collegiate career seventh in school history with 128 receptions for 2,044 yards and 18 receiving touchdowns (sixth in school history).
Fulgham would join Oshane Ximines to become the first players selected to play in the Reese’s Senior Bowl.
After a great Senior Bowl performance, the Lions selected the Broad Run, Virginia native in the 6th round of the 2019 NFL Draft.
Fulgham would get waived by the Lions and put on their practice squad. Fulgham would spend time off and on the Lions practice squad and in August of 2020 he would be waived. The Packers made a great move, they claimed the former ODU standout.
He made it on their roster 9 days before getting cut. 9 DAYS ON THE PACKERS ROSTER.
August 20th, was the day that Fulgham found a home. The Eagles claimed him on August 20th, then cut him. Yes, the Eagles even cut him and placed him on the practice squad. He was promoted to the active roster on October 3rd and he scored a touchdown the next day. It was his first touchdown reception of his career.
Fulgham finished yesterday’s game with 10 catches for 152 yards and a touchdown. This is a guy who wasn’t even on the active roster until last Saturday and didn’t make his first NFL catch until last week.
Carson Wentz will build trust with Fulgham and to be honest I would not be surprised if Fulgham emerges as a wide receiver number 1, because yesterday he ate up the Steelers secondary all game. They could not cover him.
And kids, this is why you never give up. Teams make mistakes, but when given a change tear it up!
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Noah Fant Ankle Injury Update; Could the Broncos TE return this week?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 16 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Austin Ekeler Hamstring Injury Update; Is Chargers RB gaining progress?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 23 mins ago
- Did You See This:Most EXCITING QB in College Football | Ohio State QB Justin Fields 2019 Highlights… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 36 mins ago
- Did You See This:Breaking: Vikings are expected to workout former CFL standout Marcus Sayles this week… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- ICYMI:Fantasy Doctors: Michael Thomas Injury Update; Saints WR now has a hamstring injury? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/michae…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago