Former Oakland Raiders starting offensive lineman Mario Henderson has passed away at the age of 35. His former teammate James Chaney posted the news on Twitter earlier today. Henderson played at Lehigh Senior High School.
Mario Henderson was just 35 years old, a few days shy of his 36th birthday. His senior year in high school, Henderson was a beast on the basketball court. He averaged 28 points per game and 14 rebounds, and was 1st team all state and 1st team all county as a member of Lehigh Senior basketball team.
Henderson would end up landing a scholarship at Florida State. He would only play his senior year before getting drafted by the Oakland Raiders.
The Raiders selected the 6070, 333 pounder in the third round of the 2007 draft. In his second year, he started several games at left tackle in place of injured veteran Kwame Harris and was the Raiders’ full-time left tackle in 2008-2010.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Josh Jacobs Injury Update, The Raiders RB is fighting a hip injury… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 32 mins ago
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Branden Hohenstein, TE, Abilene Christian nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/08/brande… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 33 mins ago
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for November 27, 2020, Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 56 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Ivory Scott, OL, Arkansas State University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/ivory-…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- ICYMI:Fantasy Doctors: Friday Night NFL Injury Report for Week 12 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/week-1… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/1MejcxfGxA
about 1 hour ago