Derick Newton was a defensive lineman for Kansas State that recently left the team for his second time. The 21 year old pass rusher committed suicide according to multiple reports.
The Manhattan Mercury reported the suicide, after obtaining the police report.
A police report Thursday said officers found a 21-year-old man dead at an apartment in the 2000 block of College Avenue in Manhattan during an investigation. A separate police document says police had taken a report that a 21-year-old man had kidnapped a 15-year-old girl; the other allegations were criminal sodomy and indecent liberties with a child. That report was filed at 9:59 p.m.; it did not identify either party, but an authoritative source confirmed to The Mercury that the 21-year-old in question was Newton.
Police were trying to find Newton, and were able to obtain a search warrant. When entering his apartment they found him dead at the residence.
The former Butler Community College transfer signed with the Kansas State class of 2018. He left and returned to sign with the Wildcats in 2020.
He recently entered the transfer portal after one tackle and one QB hurry against Arkansas State in September. This is such a tragic incident. Please pray for the families involved.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Top Fantasy Streamers for Week 13 ift.tt/33Asacx
about 18 mins ago
- Fantasy Injury Updates: Josh Jacobs, D.J. Moore, Daniel Jones, and Phillip Lindsay nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/injury… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 23 mins ago
- 49ers coach says George Kittle could come back soon if they are playing meaningful games nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/george…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 55 mins ago
- Fantasy Football: Week 13 Waiver Wire Report nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/waiver… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/VbRfBE11W6
about 1 hour ago
- South Carolina High School Football Player Mikell McKelvey was shot and killed on Thanksgiving Day… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago