Hello, I am @jrberendzen on Twitter and this is one of my free agent interviews where I ask very deserving free agents questions about the players themselves and about what a team would get in these players. All of these players should get picked up by NFL, CFL, and XFL teams and get a shot at being a career football player. So I hope you all read this interview on Enrique and follow his journey on Twitter @EYENNY_79
1.If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
I would hang out with Adam Vinatieri, he has so much knowledge on the kicking position and I would be learning a lot on how to become a better kicker and a better person on and off the field.
2. What is your favorite workout?
I love doing leg day when I work out at the gym but a workout on the field, practice my FG techniques, and punt techniques, I also like to do yoga.
3. What is your mindset when you are on the football field?
My mindset starts with thinking about my wife, enjoy the moment, be confident about what I can do, and just relax and kick.
4. If your life was a tv show what would you call it and why?
I would call it, kicking it with Yenny, because I love kicking and I love that my wife and family are always with me, so we all together go through life and enjoy it.
5.What is your favorite stadium that you have played in?
In college definitely “La Congeladora” that was my college’s stadium and as a pro, I would say “Molson Stadium” from Montreal, that was the first time I played in a stadium as big as that one.
6.What are your favorite moments from your football life?
The first one when I made the game-winning FG in the 2017 college championship and the game-winning PAT in the national championship, then I would say when I got drafted in the first round at the LFA-CFL draft and when I broke the record for the longest FG in the LFA’s history (60 yds). Also when I got to play my first game at the CFL.
7. Rank focus, footwork, and detail based on what is most important to you as a football player and explain why?
I would say that the most important thing is faith and trust GOD, family, then focus on your goal and finally footwork because you can’t do anything without God’s help and also you need the motivation from your loved ones in order to have great footwork and succeed.
8.What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
It was all the way back to 2011, my high school soccer coach saw me punting a football 60 yds without knowing how to kick and asked if I was interested in, after a while, I said yes and started kicking and fell in love with the game and I had the chance of playing football back in the states at Georgia so the feeling of playing on Friday night lights was so awesome I wanted to keep playing, and I saw I could have a future in football so that’s why I decided to play.
9. What has been your biggest challenge in life?
Proving myself that I can get better everyday and be the best at what I do.
10.What would a team get in a player like you?
They would get a hardworking man and player who never gives up and loves the pressure of a game, love to challenge himself and be better for the team, a kicker that loves kicking under pressure, and is always trying to improve. They would also get a team player because that’s the most important part of a team, the chemistry on it.
11.What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
The energy that brings confidence and positivism, the energy of a guy who never gives up, and would always be trying to bring out the best of everyone so we can fight for the same goal.
12.What do you hope to achieve as a football player going forward?
I want to be a pro kicker that is always fighting to be the best, I wanna be a role model for the people, become the best version of what I can achieve, and inspire others to chase their dreams.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Week 2 Injury Report: Cornerbacks and Running Backs went down heavily nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/week-2… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/2d1Bnvwowt
about 29 mins ago
- Patriots RB James White loses his father in a bad car accident; his mother is in critical condition… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 39 mins ago
- ICYMI:Fantasy Football: Sunday Sleeper Squad nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/sleepe… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/3DUwRLmDnN
about 50 mins ago
- Breaking: Ravens are expected to workout LS Andrew DePaola tomorrow nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/andrew… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/mry6qdBd3r
about 56 mins ago
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Chris Wilcox, CB, BYU nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/chris-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/qgdvepPDty
about 60 mins ago