Devon Hunter the playmaking Virginia Tech safety has been suspended indefinitely from the program, after getting arrested for strangling another to cause a wound or injury and simple assault on a family member. The strangling charge is in fact a Class 6 felony charge.
Hunter was booked into the Montgomery County Jail and is being held without bond.
The redshirt junior defensive back started two games last season and was poised to take over a bigger role in 2020 for the Hokies. He was expected to replace Reggie Floyd as the teams rover.
Virginia Tech Athletics released a statement Monday stating, “Devon Hunter has been suspended indefinitely from all football team activities effective immediately for not upholding the high standards we have for our student-athletes. We cannot comment further on Virginia Tech student conduct issues until the matter is resolved.”
This is a huge problem though for the Hokies because their star secondary player Caleb Farley opted out of the 2020 season to focus on the NFL Draft. So now with two players missing in their secondary, the Hokies will have to rely on recent FCS transfer Devin Taylor to step up.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Kyle Trask makes it look easy
about 29 mins ago
- NFL Transactions for December 5, 2020, Roster Cuts, Daily Workouts, and Signings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 30 mins ago
- Week 13 Preview: Los Angeles Rams vs. Arizona Cardinals ift.tt/37Hdqdd
about 36 mins ago
- Jets cut Chris Hogan, I wonder if they claim Marvin Hall
about 53 mins ago
- Dear Lord, Please take care of Brad’s Aunt. Lord she is not feeling well and the only person who can overcome an a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago