Zac Thomas was only a two star quarterback at Hewitt-Trussville High School but the 6010 quarterback is hoping to follow in the footsteps of former Alabama quarterback and former Huskies QB Jay Barker to be the next QB to make it to the NFL.
Thomas has everything you are looking for in a quarterback. The App State quarterback has been super impressive over the past couple years. He is by far the odds favorite to win the Sun Belt Offensive Player of the Year award in 2020. Zac Thomas has already won this award as a Sophomore, and I would not be shocked if he comes back and claims the title again.
In 2016, Thomas redshirted, but was able to learn a lot the playbook in that year. That would end up being a huge blessing because as a redshirt Freshman, Thomas would appear in 4 games as the number 2 quarterback. He only threw the ball 10 times, but he was able to get his feet wet.
As a redshirt Sophomore, everyone in the Sun Belt would learn who Zac Thomas was quickly. He would end up winning the Sun Belt Offensive Player of the Year, and was a second All-Sun Belt member. He started in 12 of 13 games and was 10-1 as a starter and his only loss came against Penn State.
He went on to throw 159 completions for 2039 yards and 21 touchdowns. He also added 504 yards on the ground rushing. Thomas was a stud and had a great year.
Last season, Thomas continued! He dropped 28 touchdowns which is good for third in App State history. He finished the season with 2,718 passing yards and ended the year with 3,158 all purpose yards.
App Stat was 13-1 last year, and in his career as a starting quarterback. That is super impressive, the kid is a winner, he is accurate, and he is productive. What else do you want in a quarterback? Asking for a friend……
NFL Draft Diamonds Scouting Notes:
Zac Thomas is one of the most exciting players to watch in the Sun Belt. He is accurate, he can crush you with his feet, and he is a proven winner. The App State team is on the rise and has to be the favorite to win the Sun-Belt. Remember Thomas when it comes time for the NFL Draft. The 6010 quarterback is very good and so far in his career has 49 touchdowns for 4,790 passing yards. He has three losses in his career, if he can have another huge season in 2020, remember his name because he should fly up boards. – Damond Talbot, NFL Draft Diamonds Owner
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:QB Spotlight: Breaking down the film on new South Carolina transfer QB Jason Brown… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 29 mins ago
- Did You See This:Transfer Portal QB: Breaking Down Bailey Zappe to Western Kentucky nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/bailey… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 33 mins ago
- Did You See This:Texas State Football: Quarterback Room Temperature Check nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/texas-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/E615PMWDyQ
about 38 mins ago
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Teton Saltes, OT, University of New Mexico… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 40 mins ago
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for March 1st, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago