- Name: Sebastian Gutierrez
- Position: OL
- College: Minot State University
- Height: 6′ 6″
- Weight: 308 lbs
- Twitter: @sebastiandev80
1.What is your favorite workout?
- I like to do hang cleans and power cleans, the triple extension and hip explosion are key to being a successful offensive lineman, I also like to bench press too I always saw it as a measuring stick on how strong you are compared to everyone else.
2.If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
- Lane Johnson, because we have a similar story, both started out at the tight end and moved to an offensive lineman. If I were also hanging out with him I would want to ask him for some tips and knowledge he has learned along the way about playing the position.
3. What is your mindset when you are on the football field?
- One play at a time mentality, while playing fast and physical. Making sure I’m doing my 1/11th for my team. I do my best to be the player the coaches know is going to get the job done.
4.What do you do for fun?
- In my free time, I enjoy playing video games with my teammates. Growing up I was a basketball player so I also love to play basketball in my free time. I’ll never turn down an opportunity to play some 5v5.
5.What do you hope to accomplish if you make it into the NFL?
- I want to be the best to ever do it. As far as off the field I would want to make a positive impact on my teammates and community.
6.If you could live anywhere in the world where and why?
- I’m a family man, so I would love to live close to family.
7.What is one thing that you want to do that doesn’t involve football?
- I want to teach/coach athletes I just graduated in corporate fitness. I would like to get my masters in sports management. And I would like to have my own gym and I want to be around athletes. My main goal in this is to give athletes the opportunity to be great. Just like I was given the opportunity by one of my coach’s Jamell Juno. If I wouldn’t have had the chance to train with him I don’t know if I would be doing what I’m doing now.
8.What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
- Honestly just growing up my dad always had football on. It was either college or professional. When I got to sixth grade I was able to start playing football for my dad on a new junior football team. We didn’t win a game that season but I knew I loved the game even with that experience.
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds 2021 Small School Rankings
9.How has your experience as a Minot State University Beavers football player been?
- Honestly, it’s been a wild ride I came in as a tight end and redshirted my first-year confidence kinda broken I messed up a lot but then I had a better year my second year and started 9 games at tight end. But after the season coach, Nissen asked me to think about making the transition from tight end to tackle. He told me I would see the field more and would make a bigger impact. I wanted to be on the football field as much as possible and I felt that’s what I wanted more. And that’s how I became a tackle. As of right now, I am looking forward to my senior year, doesn’t matter how many games we get, I just want to play football with my teammates.
10.What would a team get in a player like you?
- They would get a guy that if I don’t know how to do something I would work until I was confident in that technique or ability. I would always give 100 percent effort and have a great attitude.
11.What has been your biggest challenge in life?
- I would say overcoming my confidence issues. I developed these in high school because I would worry about messing up too much or pleasing everyone. But then when I got to college I was a better not perfect. I know now if I make a mistake I just come back and play better next play. I also found out that through preparation and hard work those confidence issues go away.
12. What are your favorite moments from your football life?
- Thus far the greatest moment in my football life was earning second-team all-conference in the NSIC. To me this moment is unmatched, all my hard work paid off and everything that I have done leading up to that point was recognized.
- My second moment would be my first varsity start in high school. Long story short I did not play well that night but it was so big for me because I finally felt my hard work was paying off to that point.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:Freshman Georgia High School football star Le’ontae Coates shot to death nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/leonta… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 11 mins ago
- Week 3 Waiver Wire Adds/Drops ift.tt/2FXoDMr
about 16 mins ago
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Isaac Parks, P, UNC Pembroke nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/05/isaac-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 31 mins ago
- Let’s ago @therealmaasonn #LetsDoThis twitter.com/therealmaasonn…
about 58 mins ago
- Week 2 Recap: New Orleans Saints vs. Las Vegas Raiders ift.tt/3cnJbtI
about 1 hour ago