Adam Gase is just so complex to me. I can’t figure him out. Does he care a lot and just tries to not let the chitter-chatter of how terrible he is bother him? Or is it that he simply does not care what anyone thinks of him because he is the head ball coach? Either way, the Jets have a lot to work on so the lack of reps in the offseason isn’t helping their cause. Expect the Jets to do more Jets like things this upcoming season.
- Week 1: @ Bills
- Week 2: 49ers
- Week 3: @ Colts
- Week 4: Broncos
- Week 5: Cardinals
- Week 6: @ Chargers
- Week 7: Bills
- Week 8: @ Chiefs
- Week 9: Patriots
- Week 10: @ Dolphins
- Week 11: Bye
- Week 12: Dolphins
- Week 13: Raiders
- Week 14: @ Seahawks
- Week 15: @ Rams
- Week 16: Browns
- Week 17: @ Patriots
Players To Know
- Sam Darnold-QB: Sam Darnold is young and has shown promise even with the deck stacked against in an awful Jets offense. While Darnold should continue to have a difficult time a breakout is still possible even if it isn’t this year. 3700 yards for 23 TDS.
- Le’Veon Bell-RB: Through it, all Le’Veon Bell still managed to have over 60 catches and put up 1250 rushing and receiving combined yards. His volume is good and while Adam Gase loves Frank Gore I don’t think it is enough to not consider Bell. He will get solid volume again and that will turn into production even though it might be ugly and without a bunch of scores he will produce. 1400 yards (rushing & receiving) and 9 totals TDs.
- Breshad Perriman-WR: Perriman was simply unguardable the final 5 weeks of last season as he had 5 TDs and 506 yards. He has always had the athletic ability to be a legit NFL WR and it seems that it finally came together last season. He should function as the #1 WR in the Jets offense and if Darnold clicks he is the likely recipient. 50 receptions for 750 yards and 5 TDs.
- Denzel Mims-WR: Mims to me is very boom-or-bust. The lack of offseason reps is just too scary for me especially with a WR that could be called on quickly. Due to the lack of offseason snaps, I expect Mims to struggle initially and struggle at times this season. I see his 2021 season being far more productive. 50 catches for 725 yards and 4 TDs.
- Jamison Crowder-WR: Crowder saw crazy targets last season totaling 122 for the season. While he is not a flashy pick he is an effective pick. Especially with Mims and Perriman most likely going to be a little out of sync with Darnold given the unique set of circumstances leading up to the regular season I bet that Crowder has a very similar year in terms of production. 80 catches for 925 and 7 TDs.
- Chris Herndon-TE: Ryan Griffin was a big piece of the Jets offense last season and Herndon is way more talented than Griffin. Herndon was a non-factor due to injury and suspension but expect him to be heavily involved. However, he flashed big-time in 2018 and is now about to resurface in the Jets offense in a big way. Herndon could be sneaky especially if Darnold is not able to build a strong connection with Perriman and Mims due to offseason restrictions. 55 receptions for 650 yards and 6 TDs.
I don’t know what is going on there. They have parted ways with all their first-round picks in recent memory and I’m not sure the defense this season is in the position to make them a contender in a wide-open AFC East. I would ignore the Jets defense until proven otherwise. The defense is loaded with names you recognize but not names you get excited about.
Potential Breakout Players
- Sam Darnold-QB
- Chris Herndon-TE
Rookie To Know
- Denzel Mims-WR
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for May 12, 2021 | Free Agent Signings, Workouts, and Roster Cuts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 21 mins ago
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for May 12, 2021 | Free Agent Signings, Workouts, and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/05/nfl-tr…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Check it out!
Breaking Down the NFL Draft (AFC Edition) youtu.be/EL3bTtQ6V_I via @YouTube
about 2 hours ago
- ICYMI:2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Cyrus Holder, WR, Duquesne University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/05/cyrus-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Breaking Down the NFL Draft (AFC Edition) youtu.be/EL3bTtQ6V_I via @YouTube
about 3 hours ago
By: Josh Shippen 33. Jacksonville Jaguars – Trevon Moehrig, S, TCU 34. New York...
Podcast Description: Beyond The Negotiation hosted by NFL Agents Sam Tiger and Hygens Succes takes listeners on...
In this episode we talk about Dillon Gabriel‘s performance under the new offensive scheme...
Zack Moss is ready for this upcoming season. Moss also wants to silence the...