We already released our first 2021 Way Too Early Mock Draft, but we wanted to fix some things and make a new one for our readers.
- Cincinnati Bengals: Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon – Joe Burrow ends up suffering an injury in Week 6 because of protection and they end up losing a lot afterwards. They go out and solidify their offensive tackle position by landing Oregon OT Penei Sewell first overall.
- Chicago Bears: Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson – Let’s face it Mitch Trubisky is not the answer and Nick Foles is not the same as he was in Philly. The Bears with a new GM draft Trevor Lawrence, the top rated quarterback.
- Miami Dolphins: Ja’Marr Chase, WR, LSU – The Dolphins add the top wide receiver prospect to give Tu’a more weapons. With Chase teaming up with Preston Williams and Devante Parker they have a solid core.
- Jacksonville Jaguars: Trey Lance, QB, North Dakota State – The Jaguars get a quarterback. They could have landed Justin Fields but under a new front office, they turn to scouting and not analytics. They end up drafting the small school gunslinger.
- Los Angeles Chargers: Gregory Rousseau, EDGE, Miami – Chargers have Melvin Ingram and Joey Bosa, but they are taking a page out of the 49ers play book. They go out and land the top edge rusher. Rousseau is a beast and is super young. He and Bosa will be amazing together for years.
- New York Jets: Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State – The Jets and Joe Douglas pick up the most talented linebacker in the NFL Draft. They still have another pick in the first round after trading Jamal Adams, so they will likely go defense again.
- Washington Football Team: Dylan Moses, LB, Alabama – The Redskins have a solid defensive front, but Ron Rivera has always had a big time linebacker in Luke Kuechly. He lands his Luke on Washington, in Dylan Moses.
- Miami Dolphins (from Houston): Alex Leatherwood, OT, Alabama – The Dolphins are not playing around, they want to fix their offensive line. They will need help on their defensive line as well but they have draft picks to make that happen.
- Atlanta Falcons: Shaun Wade, CB, Ohio State – The Falcons secondary has been suspect for quite sometime and after struggling to stop Tom Brady and Drew Brees they go out and land the top corner in the NFL Draft.
- New York Giants: Caleb Farley, CB, Virginia Tech – The Giants pick Farley over Surtain II, which I love. I think it is a sneaky solid pick. Farley is a freak athlete who ends up dominating at the next level.
- Detroit Lions: Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State – The Lions have Matthew Stafford, but after another suspect season, the Lions and their new front office go out and land a young quarterback prospect.
- Jacksonville Jaguars (from L.A. Rams): Creed Humphrey, OL, Oklahoma – The Jaguars already drafted their franchise quarterback now they must protect him. They end up getting one of the nastiest offensive lineman in the draft.
- Carolina Panthers: Jaylen Waddle, WR, Alabama – The Panthers need playmakers, they rely on Christian McCaffrey too much and when he suffers an injury they realize they need more weapons for Teddy Bridgewater. Waddle is a YAC man and he will help the Panthers out tremendously.
- Minnesota Vikings: Jaylen Twyman, DT, Pittsburgh – He is my favorite defensive lineman in the draft. The Washington D.C. native plays pissed off and he ends up on an already nasty Mike Zimmer defense. Twyman will be a super star at the next level.
- New England Patriots: Liam Eichenberg, OT, Notre Dame – Bill Belichick loves smart and tenacious offensive lineman. He lands a top offensive lineman in the 2021 NFL Draft and has a new and future left tackle for years to come.
- Cleveland Browns: Quincy Roche, EDGE, Miami – The former transfer has a monstrous year and the Browns fall in love. They wanted Jadeveon Clowney and they go out instead and land a young pass rusher with tons of upside.
- Las Vegas Raiders: Patrick Surtain II, CB, Alabama – The Raiders sit patiently and land a top 10 player. Mike Mayock was considering moving up to land Surtain but stays put and lands his man.
- Indianapolis Colts: Marvin Wilson, DT, Florida State – The Colts add another big guy to their front seven. They traded a first in 2020 for Deforrest Buckner and now they add to it by adding Marvin Wilson the massive DT from Florida State.
- Pittsburgh Steelers: Paulson Adebo, CB, Stanford – The Steelers add to their already strong secondary by adding a smart cornerback. Adebo is a gamer and will play along well with Minkah Fitzpatrick and Joe Haden in the Steelers secondary.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Travis Etienne, RB, Clemson – Giving Tom Brady a new toy and they have a head coach who knows how to use him. Etienne is one of the fastest players in the NFL Draft, and he is a touchdown machine.
- Philadelphia Eagles: Trey Smith, OT, Tennessee – The Eagles need to protect Carson Wentz and they go out and steal the 6060 offensive tackle who has been starting since his freshman season for the Vols. His experience is key!
- Denver Broncos: Christian Barmore, DL, Alabama – The Broncos get it going in 2020 under Drew Lock but they struggle to stop the run. They go out and find the solution to that problem by drafting the 6050, 310 pound Barmore.
- Green Bay Packers: DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama – The Packers finally get a wide out that can help Davante Adams. The Packers fans will love Smith he is a burner, but it will be hard to say DeVonta and Davante.
- Arizona Cardinals: Brevin Jordan, TE, Miami – The Cardinals end up taking Brevin Jordan over Pat Freirmuth. They feel he fits their offense better. The athletic and physical tight end lands in a great position.
- Buffalo Bills: Chazz Surratt, LB, North Carolina – The Buffalo Bills take a deep sleeper of mine late in the draft. Surratt is a freak athlete who will be amazing opposite of Milano and Edmonds. Their linebacking core becomes a top unit in the NFL with the addition.
- New York Jets (from the Seahawks): Wyatt Davis, OL, Ohio State – The Jets have a hard time landing free agents on the offensive line but they draft a kid who is versatile. The grandson of a Pro Football Hall of Famer lands on the Jets.
- Tennessee Titans: Hamsah Nasirildeen, S, Florida State – The hard hitting and physical safety from Florida State and Kevin Byard are going to be a big time pair.
- Dallas Cowboys: Pat Freiermuth, TE, Penn State – The Cowboys land their Jason Witten. This is one of the best picks in the entire NFL Draft. He fits a huge need and is a steal at this point.
- San Francisco 49ers: Rondale Moore, WR, Purdue – The Niners need weapons, and they land Moore late in the draft. I think adding Moore is key for Jimmy G’s growth. Their team is a player or two away, and Moore will help them get closer.
- Kansas City Chiefs: Tyson Campbell, CB, Georgia – A huge cornerback with playmaking ability. The Chiefs secondary gets a boost by adding the Dog in the secondary.
- New Orleans Saints: Paris Ford, S, Pittsburgh – I am going with a sleeper pick here. I think Ford is a super underrated but has 1st round talent. The Saints could use a stud safety and Ford is a big time playmaker.
- Baltimore Ravens: Carlos Basham Jr., EDGE, Wake Forest – The Ravens may give Matt Judon an extended contract, but I think they can replace him cheaper. I would not be surprised if the Ravens let Judon walk and draft Basham a younger pull off the edge.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for August 8, 2020 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/08/nfl-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/1m3KEdHd6Z
about 32 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Small School Rankings with over 935 prospects nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/08/small-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/0amzHE8G2H
about 44 mins ago
- NFL Transactions for August 8, 2020 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/08/nfl-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/RBEkAvogr2
about 49 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Caleb Carter, LB, Southern University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/08/caleb-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago