- Name: Kenneth Kirby
- Height: 6’5”
- Weight: 295
- Position: OL
- College: Norfolk State University
- Twitter: @kkirb77
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
- No specific place, anywhere that has good Alfredo.
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
- Effort to finish blocks, find more work. As well as, awareness.
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
- Buy my parents something decent and invest.
What has been your biggest failure?
- Not playing FBS football. I’ve still shown I’m a baller but coming from a smaller school it belittles the work you’ve done.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- Lead by example not by talking.
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
- Nygel Chavis, he stayed with me for a little while after the season and worked out at all times of the day. He’s someone who inspires others’ work ethic just by being present.
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
- KJ or Kirby
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
- Interdisciplinary studies with a concentration in business and psychology
What is your coolest life moment?
- Hasn’t happened yet.
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
- It depends on the setting, but more than likely you wouldn’t catch me on the mic.
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking?
- The rock, Dwyane Johnson no question,
Who is your favorite football team?
- I used to like the Steelers in elementary school, as I got older I didn’t like any specific team.
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
- Warning : Asshole
What is your biggest fear?
- Snakes, no doubt about it.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
- There’s more than one but, I’m going with
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds 2021 Small School Rankings
Take us through game day, How do you prepare?
- It starts the night before with a good night’s sleep. Saturday morning I wake up and try to keep everything the exact same as any other day. The only thing different is that game-day takes an extraordinary amount of focus to finish the day successfully. I put in headphones and just get myself going mentally until it’s go time.
Do you have any hobbies?
- Being outdoors. I like to fish and hunt when there’s time.
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
- Taylor Lewan or Jake Mathews.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My family, seeing everything everyone goes through and has been through makes me want to go harder. I want more for them just as they want from me. My uncles were also professional athletes. Growing up I’d see their pictures in my grandma’s house. People hear my last name and still to this day remember them.
What motivates you to work hard?
- Family and not taking advantage of the beginning of my career. I want to show people that you can be a person who was overlooked all the time and still make it through grit, hard work, and adversity.