- Name: Joshua Black
- Height: 6030
- Weight: 285
- Position: DE/DT/NT
- College: Syracuse University
- Twitter: @jnblack85
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
• The Best restaurant in my hometown is Capri, an authentic Italian restaurant with the freshest food in the city and has been for years.
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
• On film, I feel my effort will stick out. From a young age, I was always taught “your effort will never betray you”.
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
• The first thing I would do with the money from the lottery would buy the dream house for my parents to retire in.
What has been your biggest failure?
• My biggest failure was becoming a two-sport athlete in high school too late. I started to play two sports in my junior year in HS and I missed out on many years of experience beforehand.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates say my attitude/mental toughness is my best quality.
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
• The hardest working teammate on my team is Andre Cisco, our All-American safety.
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
• My favorite nickname of mine is “Juice” because people like to joke with me that I was taking steroids to get this large but stay lean.
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
• My degree is in Health and Exercise Science and my dream job is to become a strength and conditioning coach for a collegiate team as well as personal training/fitness on the side for celebrities.
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interviews
What is your coolest life moment?
• My coolest life moment besides playing for Syracuse is when Dwayne Johnson reached out to me on twitter for my one-leg wall backflip video.
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
• I would sing “Heat” by Chris Brown for karaoke night, I feel like I can hit some of the high notes for the most part.
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking?
• I am picking Dwayne Johnson to play me in any movie. Hands down.
Who is your favorite football team?
• My favorite football team is the Chicago Bears.
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
• The warning label given to me would definitely be “don’t disturb the bear when hibernating”. I can get pretty cranky when I don’t get enough sleep.
What is your biggest fear?
• My biggest fear is not being good enough in whatever I do.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Most underrated player in the NFL is Chandler Jones. He’s a game-changer who will help your team WIN. He needs more recognition.
Take us through game day, How do you prepare?
• Gameday starts off with a morning stretch and hydration, a semi-light breakfast, and a decently light lunch too. Full of greens, healthy carbs, and protein. I have a mental focus playlist on my phone that consists of classical music that helps me focus throughout the day. In pre-game, that is where I turn it up with my pump-up music, do all of my warm-ups and feel-good stretches, thank God for giving me this opportunity and be the best I can be on that field.
Do you have any hobbies?
• Hobbies include reading journals of health and exercise science in my free time. Knowledge is power.
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
• I would compare myself to Cam Jordan. A bigger defensive end that’s athletic enough to get the job done too. Stout in the run game and can change from speed rush to power.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
•My biggest influence in my life has been my brother. He was the one to teach me the importance of doing all the little things correctly and that good is never good enough. I apply this in every aspect to life and it has changed me.
What motivates you to work hard?
• Seeing successful people motivates me to work hard. If they can get where they are at by perfecting their craft, why can’t I? Everyone is capable of fulfilling their dreams, but what are you going to do to get there?
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for August 8, 2020 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/08/nfl-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/1m3KEdHd6Z
about 35 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Small School Rankings with over 935 prospects nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/08/small-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/0amzHE8G2H
about 47 mins ago
- NFL Transactions for August 8, 2020 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/08/nfl-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/RBEkAvogr2
about 52 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Caleb Carter, LB, Southern University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/08/caleb-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago