- Name: Josh Petruccelli
- Position: Running Back
- College: Mount Union
- Height: 5′ 9″
- Weight: 210 lbs
1.How has your experience as a Mount Union Purple Raiders football player been?
- Truthfully it’s been nothing short of amazing, coming in freshman year I had no idea what it would be like, and then having the opportunity to start as a freshman on a team that won a championship and learning more of the game of football under some amazing coaches such as Larry Kehres, Vince Kehres, Geoff Dartt, Chris Kappas, and Shawn Collins. I’m grateful to be apart of this family which is the Mount Union football team.
2.What is your favorite workout?
- Curls of course, and anything really upper body. I much rather have a sore upper body most days than lower body.
3.What is your mindset when you are on the football field?
- As soon as I step on the field I have the mindset that no one can stop me or bring me down, no ones getting past me on pass block. I want to say I play with a killer mindset that no one will be better than me that whole game.
4.What is your nickname or if you don’t have a nickname what would you say your nickname is?
- Everyone calls me Petro, there’s really no meaning behind it at all besides it’s shortening my last name. This nick name has been around awhile in my family, I’m almost certain everyone in my family has been called it at one point.
5.What has been your biggest challenge in life?
- Fortunately enough I haven’t had many challenges in my life, but I would have to say going into my senior year I tore my meniscus in my knee and had surgery before the season and that prompted me to play 14 games that season with a lingering injury in my knee and a lot of colleges decided to look away and not give me a chance at a bigger school, which at the end of the day I’m fine with because I found a home in an awesome D3 college.
6. If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
- No doubt Braxton Miller, he’s my favorite all time Buckeye, and I feel would be really cool to be around.
7. If you could live anywhere in the world where and why?
- I would probably wanna live in South Carolina because it’s always beautiful down there or somewhere in Italy because I think it would be really cool to live in another country and I am partially Italian.
8.What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
- When my brothers started playing when we were young I always went to there games, so when I turned 6 I finally got to play on a team, and ever since then it’s always been the most fun to play and compete in. I fell in love with football at a very young age and knew this was always what I wanted to do.
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds 2021 Small School Rankings
9.What do you do for fun?
- I play a lot of basketball with my friends or I play video games with friends.
10.What would a team get in a player like you?
- A team would get one of the most competitive players they have seen, they’ll get a guy who always puts the team first before themselves and someone who just wants to get better everyday and will work to prove it.
11.What are your favorite moments from your football life?
- Going into my junior year of high school I transferred schools to my old high schools rival, and when we played that year my school was the whole game and then at the end of the game I had a pick 6 which won us the game, also being at mount and being able to rush for 1000 each season I’ve been there so far.
12.What do you hope to accomplish if you make it into the NFL?
- I hope to just do my part on the team if I make it, and then after that I hope to be the best player in my position those are my goals if I make it to the next level.