- Name: Jonathon Thomas
- Height: 6’1
- Weight: 190
- Position: Wide Receiver
- College: Bethune-Cookman University
- Twitter: @BKNS_Finest
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
• La Granja
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
• I’m the best blocker and the most physical on the field
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
• Save half, spend a quarter of the money buying cash flowing properties, and invest the other quarter into the list of companies I believe will flourish in the next 3-5 years.
What has been your biggest failure?
• My biggest failure was trusting certain individuals I called and believed were friends but it turned out to be one of the best lessons for myself, so I really don’t call it a failure.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My work ethic and willingness to position us in the best situation to win.
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
• Others than myself, I’d say that going into this season my hardest working teammates are Isaac Washington, Queshaun Byrd, Jimmie Robinson III, Marcus Riley, Stefon Francois, Devonte Lawrence, Kemari Averett, De’Ron Maxwell, Untareo Johnson, Kendall Batt, Henry Miller, and Tupac Isme.
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
• Most of my teammates since high school call me “JT”
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
• I am a Business Administration major, however, after my football career concludes I plan on operating my life as an entrepreneur/private investor who has the ability to choose when and how I invest and multiply my income as markets change.
What is your coolest life moment?
• My “coolest” moments in life thus far have happened while playing in the Florida Classics since my true freshman year being that I have been blessed to make a positive and pivotal effect helping place the team in a position to continue our winning streak since attending BCU
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
• I’m actually stuck between “L.O.V.E.” by Frank Sinatra and “What’s Love got to do with it” by Whitney Houston.
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking?
• Morgan Freeman or Michael B. Jordan
Who is your favorite football team?
• I don’t have a favorite team but growing up I used to like the Jets and Giants.
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
• WARNING: HE’S VERY SMART LOL
What is your biggest fear?
• My biggest fear in life is God.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• In my opinion, there are many underrated players in the league that just haven’t been spotlighted yet. Every team has their own select group of guys they know will help them win on the field.
Take us through game day, How do you prepare?
• On game day we are usually given a time schedule of events to do ( film, snacks, etc.) but personally I always shower and stretch for about 30-45 minutes in the morning before breakfast and then another 25-30 minutes before a pregame meal. I find that I’m placed in a more calming and prepared state of mind when I do so.
Do you have any hobbies?
• A hobby of mine that I like to do is to craft and perfect my releases/routes, go paintballing, hiking with my father or creating business plans.
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
• Honestly, I prefer not to compare myself to anyone in the league but I do watch a lot of film on great receivers like Larry Fitzgerald, Amari Cooper, Odell Beckham, Keenan Allen, DeAndre Hopkins, Stefon Diggs, Jarvis Landry, Albert Wilson, Antonio Brown, Jerry Rice, Dez Bryant, Jerry Jeudy, Ceedee Lamb, and Juju Smith-Schuster IN NO SPECIFIC ORDER.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
•The biggest influences on my life have been my parents, grandparents aunts, and uncles because they have all had to face and overcome a plethora of challenges that the majority of this country’s citizens could not even imagine was possible for someone to undergo.
What motivates you to work hard?
• I’m a firm believer in being your own motivator and “hard work” is a trait that has been instilled into my DNA by my family who migrated here from Jamaica during an American time period where inequality and social injustice can almost be considered as the cultural norm. I went to an overlooked high school with a defensive-minded head coach that ran a single wing offense and had to work hard under a different position coach every year there and still found a way to put in the work to shine at various tournaments, combines and All-Star games for exposure competing and showing out against some of the “best” to prove that I was one of the best wide receiver prospects not only in Florida but in the East Coast (I’m not familiar with many west coast prospects plus it doesn’t get better than Florida Highschool football). I chose to attend BCU and knew that I was going to have to work 10x harder than hundreds of other prospects nationwide to get a chance. I came in and started as a true freshman over seniors who already were listed as potential NFL prospects and have continued to work harder than any other receiver Physically and Mentally throughout this pandemic.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:Trenchmen’s Corner| Daviyon Nixon Scouting Report | Former CFL scout Dave Van Nett breaks down his… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 36 mins ago
- Did You See This:Alabama RB Najee Harris | 2021 NFL Draft Injury Review | Doctor’s Take nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/najee-…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 37 mins ago
- Did You See This:Notre Dame OLB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah is the next Phenomenal Coverage Linebacker says former NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 40 mins ago
- Did You See This:Trenchmen’s Corner| Christian Barmore Scouting Report | Former CFL scout Dave Van Nett breaks down… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 41 mins ago
- Did You See This:Trey Lance’s two pro days mean nothing | Former NFL scout says he is a bust waiting to happen… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 43 mins ago