- Name: Jake Brown
- Height: 6’0
- Weight: 185
- Position: Wide/Slot Receiver
- College: James Madison University
- Twitter: @jakejbrown
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
• McLeans Restaurant
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
• Route Running and my ability to create separation in any route and against man or zone coverage, and I can get off of press well, also my ability to make catches in traffic and only two drops in the last two years
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
• Invest and start my own gym/performance center
What has been your biggest failure?
• Getting cut from the JV basketball team as an 8th grader
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Route running and quickness ability get open
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
• Antwane Wells
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
• JB just short for Jake Brown
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
• Business management, if I don’t make it I would love to open up a performance center to help high school athletes reach their goals of playing in college and beyond as well as just helping kids get off the streets and do better in school and sports and trying to turn kids into the right direction
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds 2021 Small School Rankings
What is your coolest life moment?
• Earning my full scholarship in college after I won the starting job as a redshirt sophomore because I walked on originally at JMU
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
• Let Nas Down by J Cole
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking?
• Terrence Howard
Who is your favorite football team?
• Green Bay Packers
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
• WARNING YOU CANT GUARD ME
What is your biggest fear?
• Disappointing the people I love
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Keenan Allen or Doug Baldwin
Take us through game day, How do you prepare?
• I do yoga or deep stretch in the morning and I eat a big breakfast with a very light lunch. I usually will watch Netflix and try to keep my mind off of the game until we get to the stadium to warm up. Pregame warmups I like to run full speed routes and get catches. Then I listen to my pregame playlist and get ready to go.
Do you have any hobbies?
• I play Madden and 2k, and cooking breakfast food
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
• Doug Baldwin, his route running, and releases are his best attributes as well as he is an ex-basketball player and brings many of his skills from there to the football field which I believe I do as well. Also has great one-step quickness that I possess as well.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My parents, are both educated, hardworking people that have pushed me and kept me in great situations and helped me keep my head in the right direction so that I could achieve my goals. Also, my dad was an elite athlete and instilled that competitive drive and work ethic in me from a young age. Winning and success were all I knew growing up and I have taken that with me everywhere I go.
What motivates you to work hard?
• I have always been doubted wherever I went. I use that doubt and past failures to fuel my fire and work ethic. I want to be the best in whatever I do and I use people’s doubt in me to prove them wrong and it motivates me every day. For example, I walked on in college and I had that in the back of my mind every time I went to work out and practice and play in the games and it made me go that much harder.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- I’m getting 10 sacks twitter.com/realrico_bf/st…
about 49 mins ago
- Breaking: Chargers are working out P Lachlan Edwards, K Cole Tracy, and K JJ Molson nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/charge… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Will Tyreek Hill break the record? He needs about 75 yards to pass Flipper Anderson
about 2 hours ago
- Week 12 Recap: Miami Dolphins vs. New York Jets ift.tt/3mpMIMg
about 2 hours ago
- Week 12 Recap: Arizona Cardinals vs. New England Patriots ift.tt/3oazHqa
about 2 hours ago