- Name: Ivan Avalos
- Height: 6’2
- Weight: 205 lbs
- Position: Safety
- College: Minot State University
- Twitter: @Ivan_Avalos8
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
• My hometown city is Orlando, FL and the best restaurant in my hometown city would have to be “Miller’s Ale House”. My go to meal there is called the Zinger Mountain Melt. The Zinger Mountain Melt is essentially a large plate filled with fries, Applewood bacon, melted cheese, green onions, a sauce of your own preference, and it is topped off with boneless wings or tenders. That meal will always satisfy anyone’s cravings in the world.
When breaking down your film, what will stick out?
• When you break down my film, you’ll see that I have a nose for the ball, can get side to side in a hurry, communication skills, High IQ, dissect plays in high pressure situations. Also, my confidence makes me take command of the field and those around me. I do not let bad things get me too low or good things get me too high emotionally. Athletically, my coverage skills and tackling ability allows me to play multiple roles such as safety or nickel.
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
• The very first thing I would do is definitely pay off my student loans to become financially stable, then I would use the rest of the money to give back to my parents and family for taking care of me for so long. Then last, I would use the remaining money to invest in football camps & the less fortunate in my hometown area along with the community in general.
What has been your biggest failure?
• My biggest failure was not going to a Division I school, but the opportunity presented itself at Minot State.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates would say that my best qualities would be maturity, likability, calm demeanor, football IQ, resilient, determination, selfless, and athleticism. I believe all these qualities are needed for younger teammates to look up to and use as an example of to carry themselves.
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
• In my opinion, it’s very tough to say because there is two guys on my team that work extremely hard so there’s no way I can say one and not the other. I would say Isaiah Bigby & Lafayette Bade are the hardest working on the team.
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
• I have multiple nicknames and they call me either “Ocho” or “I”
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
• My degree is currently in Finance/Marketing. If I do not make it as a football player, my dream job would be for me to get into a Marketing Manager role, Financial Planner type position, or even something where I can use my business degree in with social media or sports.
What is your coolest life moment?
• My coolest life moment was getting to visit Jamaica & The Bahamas! The cultural differences just showed me how much I can appreciate life for the smallest things possible. The coolest part was being able to see how beautiful the beaches and nature was.
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
• “Run It” by Chris Brown
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking?
• Denzel Washington for sure. His whole vibe is just dope!
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds 2021 Small School Rankings
Who is your favorite football team?
• The Las Vegas Raiders
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
What is your biggest fear?
• My biggest fear is losing a loved one or someone very close to me
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• The most underrated player in the NFL is Josh Jacobs. He is elusive, has great vision, carries the football so good, can switch gears while moving side to side fast, and his downhill explosiveness is just unreal.
Take us through game day, how do you prepare?
• First I wake up, brush my teeth, and make my bed. After, I head over to get some pregame breakfast but I never eat too much so I can feel as light as I can for game time, but always got the music playing on my Air Pods to get that pregame rush. Usually I watch some Jamal Adams film to give me a different perspective to raise my game to a different level. Then with the team we hit some meditation which helps me a lot personally, so I envision myself making plays in the game. Lastly, hit my stretches and drills before the game to feel as loose as possible.
Do you have any hobbies?
• I like to Day Trade, invest in stocks, play video games, go fishing, cook, travel, dance, exercise, and learn about Astronomy.
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
• I would compare myself to Jamal Adams just because of how unafraid he is to fly to the ball and how good he can manage situations around him on the field.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• Kobe Bryant, because he had that superhuman mental toughness that gave him the ability to lead his team to victory. As I grew up, I was a huge Lakers fan and watching Kobe was the best times of my life. He inspired so many athletes around the world to be just like him. Getting to see him in Orlando up close was my all-time favorite moments and that’s one of the reasons I wear #8 today.
What motivates you to work hard?
• My best friend Aaron Jason. He passed away in 2013. When things get tough, I immediately think of him and our talks we used to have about me playing football on TV one day. I always go back to remembering that talk and that really motivates me so much to play through him when I touch that field. The passion he had for the game really inspired me.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for August 8, 2020 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/08/nfl-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/1m3KEdHd6Z
about 40 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Small School Rankings with over 935 prospects nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/08/small-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/0amzHE8G2H
about 52 mins ago
- NFL Transactions for August 8, 2020 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/08/nfl-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/RBEkAvogr2
about 57 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Caleb Carter, LB, Southern University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/08/caleb-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago