- Name: Dylan St. Pierre
- Height: 6’2”
- Weight: 210lbs
- Position: Wide Receiver
- College: University of Ottawa
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
- The best restaurant in Ottawa or at least my personal favorite is Ten Sushi, it’s an all you can eat sushi place, it is tough not to like that.
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
- I think what sticks out for me is my versatility. I have strengths in several different areas. I catch the ball and I make plays after the catch, with the ball in my hands. Possibly even more importantly, I’m a great blocker. We’ll run 50 or so plays in a game, I might get the ball six to ten times so I concentrate on what I can do when I don’t have the ball. I make big plays lining up from a variety of different positions, R, Y, Z, and so on. I think all of these qualities are demonstrated really well in my film.
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
- If I won the lottery the first thing I would do is help my family out financially, no question.
What has been your biggest failure?
- It’s tough to say because failure is a part of life. I’ve failed many times at different things but the important thing is to try and learn from failure and put your best foot forward. You just need to keep working to do better and moving forward.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- Probably my competitiveness. My teammates know I compete with everything I have, every single rep whether it’s in the weight room, in practice, or during a game. They know I always give everything I have to win.
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds 2021 Small School Rankings
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
- I’d say myself just because work ethic is one of the few things you can control in life. So I’ve always made the effort to work as hard as possible and get an edge over competitors simply by outworking them before anything else. But Jelani Paul is a guy who always works his tail off and pushes me to do the same never accepting anything less the best reps we have in us.
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
- Yea in high school guys started calling me DSP for my initials and it stuck to this day.
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
- My degree is in social sciences, if I had to choose a career path besides football I’d like to become a teacher and coach high school football. Or I’d like to develop my skills in other sports I played growing up like hockey and take a run at going pro in a different sport.
What is your coolest life moment?
- For two years now I’ve volunteered with Marshawn Lynch’s “Break the Plane camp.” It’s an opportunity to give back to the community here in Ottawa. We get to spend the day teaching kids about football. The opportunity to do so was made even cooler by the fact that I get to share it with my teammates and work with Marshawn Lynch and other top-level athletes. All around it’s just an incredible experience that I’ll never forget.
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
- Sweet Caroline no question.
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking?
- I’d have to go with Jason Mamoa, his hair would definitely represent mine well on screen.
Who is your favorite football team?
- I grew up a New York Giants fan so they’re still my favourite.
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
- Warning will eat some of your food.
What is your biggest fear?
- Heights, I’ve always been afraid of heights, even to this day a little bit.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
- I think Kenny Golladay is extremely underrated. He’s an incredible playmaker and I don’t think he gets enough credit.
Take us through game day, How do you prepare?
- I usually have oatmeal for breakfast to give me energy throughout the day. I like getting to the field very early so I can talk to my coaches about any last-minute adjustments to the game plan. I like to start running and warming up earlier than most. I like a good warm-up and early start, it gets me mentally and physically ready for the game.
Do you have any hobbies?
- Yes, anything sports or fitness related, I love playing any kind of sport in my free time in particular basketball. Other than that I enjoy playing video games in my free time to relax.
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
- Off the top of my head I’d have to say, George Kittle, I think we both possess a solid combination of size and speed/athleticism. We have the ability to make plays with the ball. Julian Edelman also comes to mind because I think both our style of the play revolves around toughness and tenacity, he’s also a great route runner, and that’s something else I think we share.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- Probably my dad. He played football at St. F.W. and he was the one who got me into football, I wanted to play to be like him when I was younger. He’s always been there for me and taught me so many life lessons along the way, I’m so grateful as I continue to learn and grow throughout life. He’s really helped me so much in football and in life. He’s always given me an example to follow and that’s shaped me into the person I am today.
What motivates you to work hard?
- Honestly just knowing that playing professional football has been my lifelong goal and I’m so close really motivates me to work as hard as I can and do everything in my power to get there. That and the people I love who believe me, knowing they are behind me make me want to work hard to make them proud.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Iowa State Football: Brock Purdy’s Potential in 2021 | Film Analysis nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/06/brock-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/t8mrmkpA2m
about 10 mins ago
- Did You See This:The Slightly Personal Podcast; Hunter Echols, OLB USC | 2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 12 mins ago
- Did You See This:QB Rankings – 2022 NFL Draft Rankings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/06/qb-ran… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/St4ljZYkNW
about 17 mins ago
- Did You See This:Michigan High School football player Marshawn Beard killed in a double homicide… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 23 mins ago
- Last Chance:2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Ian McCullough, DT, Northeastern State University… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
USC Trojans linebacker Hunter Echols sat down with Chris Dicerbo on Slightly Personal, Always...
In this video, we break down film, QB Spotlight owner Steven Hamner breaks down...
On the very first podcast of Christopher Dicerbo’s Slightly Personal Podcast, Chris is joined...
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Caleb Carter. Together we...