- Name: Dustin Rock
- Height: 6’2
- Weight: 290
- Position: Defensive Tackle
- College: Castleton University
- Twitter: @dustintherock
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
- My town is pretty limited in restaurants but I’ll have to go with Zachary’s Pizza.
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
- Undeniable effort. I’ve always believed that effort is something everyone can give. No everyone can bench 400+ or run a 4.4 but everyone can hustle and give their all.
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
- A house and car for my mom she’s given me more than the world and that would just be a small token for everything she’s given me
What has been your biggest failure?
- My biggest failure would probably be not preparing for college football better than I did. I was nervous and scared I wouldn’t want to be a part of a college football team but writhing 30 minutes of being at Castleton I knew I was somewhere special
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- Passion and leadership. I became a captain following my sophomore year and I think that speaks to the leadership my teammates and coaches see in me.
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
- I don’t think I can pinpoint one guy! So many guys work extremely hard! I think that speaks to the coaches and the culture that they have built around the team. I think it’s impossible to pick one guy. The team as a whole works very hard and I have basis cause certain guys I work out with everyday but I don’t get to see everyone and what they are doing.
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
- D.Rock is the one that has stuck
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
- My degree is in sports management with a minor in business and coaching. I’d love to stay involved in sports and become an Athletic director or do some coaching. Really anything I can do to give back to sports because it has given me so much!
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds 2021 Small School Rankings
What is your coolest life moment?
- A trip I took with my grandparents to Gettysburg! It was so much history and so cool just seeing all the historical sights
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
- Heart Attack by Demi Lovato
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking?
- Samuel L. Jackson
Who is your favorite football team?
- Green Bay Packers
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
- Warning: Will argue Aaron Rodgers is the G.O.A.T till he dies
What is your biggest fear?
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
- Davante Adams
Take us through game day, How do you prepare?
- I always drink a Pedialyte the night before, on game day I like to really focus so 2-3 hours before every game, I text my mom, grandfather, and girlfriend that I love them and then put my phone in airplane mode. I pick my cleats based on superstition so if I play well or the team plays well I’ll keep wearing those cleats. But besides that, it’s music, water muscle gun then football.
Do you have any hobbies?
- I like fishing and mowing the lawn I just feel at peace.
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
- It would be my role model Aaron Donald. We both play DT and shock people with a quickness. Obviously I’m not on that level he’s the best at it in the world and I believe ever. But I inspire and model my game to be similar to his.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My mom has been so strong and raised me on her own! She had instilled strength in me to take challenges head-on and never back down! Along with her would be my grandfather who has instilled a strong work ethic in me! He always taught me that nothing in this world worth having is easy but if you work hard you can do anything.
What motivates you to work hard?
- My team. When I’m working out and training for the season I’m never thinking about me or personal accolades it’s always them! I want to be great at what I do to make the team the best it can be! I never want to be the weak link and take away from everyone else! I love my teammates too much not to work hard for them.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Gilmore having a tough night with DK
about 19 mins ago
- ICYMI:Stallions stomp their way into the world of college football nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/stalli… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/pgIm5DPihP
about 34 mins ago
- Agents we have been making this for y’all. We hope you are paying attention. These will likely be the teams worki… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 34 mins ago
- Tons of injuries this week. https://t.co/KGn4tYupgX
about 45 mins ago