- Name: Cody Brown
- Position: Running Back
- College: Pacific Lutheran University
- Height: 5′ 10″
- Weight: 195 lbs
- Twitter: @codybrown_20
1.If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
- One of the players that I looked up to a lot growing up was LaDainian Tomlinson of the San Diego Chargers. I always thought he ran the ball with physicality and toughness, which is something I tried to implement in my game as much as possible. I would love to sit down with him and talk X’s and O’s with one of the all-time greats if I ever got the chance.
2.What is your favorite workout?
- One of my favorite things to do is a workout, so it’s tough to just choose one. If I had to pick it would be running outside doing football drills with cones and speed ladders. I feel running outside and doing cone drills and footwork best translates to the field for me. I also love being in the weight room, with back squat and power cleans being the most important for me as a running back.
3.What is your mindset when you are on the football field?
- My mindset when I step on the field is always and has always been to win. I was taught early that if you step on the field fearing your opponent, you’ve already lost. I focus on being perfect with my assignment every play and to make sure I give everything I got for my teammates and coaches.
4.What do you do for fun?
- I love to go fishing, play video games, and hangout with friends.
5.How has your experience as a Pacific Lutheran University Lutes football player been?
- Playing football for Pacific Lutheran University has been one of the best experiences of my life. Not only did I get to meet some of my best friends and play football, but I also learned how to be a better person in my community.
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds 2021 Small School Rankings
6.If you could live anywhere in the world where and why?
- If I could live anywhere in the world it would probably still be in the PNW, or more specifically Portland, Oregon. I’ve grown up here and I have a lot of families around which is nice because everyone is close together. There’s a lot of good fishing and other outdoor activities to do around here.
7.If your life was a tv show what would you call it and why?
- If my life was a tv show I think I would call it the underdog story. I chose that name because I was under-recruited, and nobody expected me to succeed.
8.What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
- I chose to play football after watching so much of it on tv and at my cousin’s high school games that I wanted to play. It looked like fun, and all my friends were playing it.
9.What has been your biggest challenge in life?
- One of the bigger challenges in my life was my sophomore season when I was placed 5th on the depth chart. I had to stay patient the whole season as 4 seniors were in-front of me. I only got one carry the entire season and I fumbled it. I was devastated since I only fumbled one time during high school. I came back and fought for a spot during spring, and fall camp. I ended up having the second most carries in the conference and I had 0 fumbles last season after fumbling on my first ever college carry.
10.What would a team get in a player like you?
- If I ever got the opportunity to play at the next level a team would get a player who leads by example and who has a strong work ethic. I would come to practice and meetings every day ready to learn and get better.
11.What are your favorite moments from your football life?
- I couldn’t pick out one single moment. I would have to say it’s been all the people and places I’ve been. I wouldn’t be the person I am today without the lessons this sport has taught me.
12.What do you hope to accomplish if you make it into the NFL?
- If I ever got the opportunity, I would hope to make the biggest impact as possible, even if that means special teams or not playing at all.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:Fan Controlled Football League surpasses 1.2 million viewers and a former NFL standout caught the game winner… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 33 mins ago
- This is a true statement! twitter.com/thesocietyllc/…
about 1 hour ago
- Go vote for my guy Not Cyle Maidment! Can you help him get the win? twitter.com/nicksitro/stat…
about 2 hours ago
- Predicting A Trade: Zach Ertz To Carolina Panthers For A Fifth Round Pick nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/zach-e… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/A3nOx8ZUMr
about 2 hours ago
- Predicting A Trade: Trent Brown To The Los Angeles Chargers For A 2021 Second And A 2022 Fourth… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago