- Name: Cody Brown
- Position: Running Back
- College: Pacific Lutheran University
- Height: 5′ 10″
- Weight: 195 lbs
- Twitter: @codybrown_20
1.If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
- One of the players that I looked up to a lot growing up was LaDainian Tomlinson of the San Diego Chargers. I always thought he ran the ball with physicality and toughness, which is something I tried to implement in my game as much as possible. I would love to sit down with him and talk X’s and O’s with one of the all-time greats if I ever got the chance.
2.What is your favorite workout?
- One of my favorite things to do is a workout, so it’s tough to just choose one. If I had to pick it would be running outside doing football drills with cones and speed ladders. I feel running outside and doing cone drills and footwork best translates to the field for me. I also love being in the weight room, with back squat and power cleans being the most important for me as a running back.
3.What is your mindset when you are on the football field?
- My mindset when I step on the field is always and has always been to win. I was taught early that if you step on the field fearing your opponent, you’ve already lost. I focus on being perfect with my assignment every play and to make sure I give everything I got for my teammates and coaches.
4.What do you do for fun?
- I love to go fishing, play video games, and hangout with friends.
5.How has your experience as a Pacific Lutheran University Lutes football player been?
- Playing football for Pacific Lutheran University has been one of the best experiences of my life. Not only did I get to meet some of my best friends and play football, but I also learned how to be a better person in my community.
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds 2021 Small School Rankings
6.If you could live anywhere in the world where and why?
- If I could live anywhere in the world it would probably still be in the PNW, or more specifically Portland, Oregon. I’ve grown up here and I have a lot of families around which is nice because everyone is close together. There’s a lot of good fishing and other outdoor activities to do around here.
7.If your life was a tv show what would you call it and why?
- If my life was a tv show I think I would call it the underdog story. I chose that name because I was under-recruited, and nobody expected me to succeed.
8.What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
- I chose to play football after watching so much of it on tv and at my cousin’s high school games that I wanted to play. It looked like fun, and all my friends were playing it.
9.What has been your biggest challenge in life?
- One of the bigger challenges in my life was my sophomore season when I was placed 5th on the depth chart. I had to stay patient the whole season as 4 seniors were in-front of me. I only got one carry the entire season and I fumbled it. I was devastated since I only fumbled one time during high school. I came back and fought for a spot during spring, and fall camp. I ended up having the second most carries in the conference and I had 0 fumbles last season after fumbling on my first ever college carry.
10.What would a team get in a player like you?
- If I ever got the opportunity to play at the next level a team would get a player who leads by example and who has a strong work ethic. I would come to practice and meetings every day ready to learn and get better.
11.What are your favorite moments from your football life?
- I couldn’t pick out one single moment. I would have to say it’s been all the people and places I’ve been. I wouldn’t be the person I am today without the lessons this sport has taught me.
12.What do you hope to accomplish if you make it into the NFL?
- If I ever got the opportunity, I would hope to make the biggest impact as possible, even if that means special teams or not playing at all.