- Name: Anthony Koclanakis
- Height: 6’1
- Weight: 233
- Position: Inside Linebacker
- College: Murray State University
- Twitter: @The_OriginalAk
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
• My go to restaurant back home is Islands Burgers and Fries. Can’t go wrong with Islands.
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
• The ability to move sideline to sideline and keep plays in front of me. Growing up I played basketball in middle/high school and it taught me how to move laterally.
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
• I would pay off items such as my parents house or any debt that they might have. I would pay for my siblings college education, and give back to sports programs that have given me the opportunity to play the game of football such as high school, Juco, and Murray State. In addition, I would invest in real estate all over the country.
What has been your biggest failure?
• My biggest failure was missing two free throws to win the championship game. My team had come back to put ourselves in position to win, and I needed to make 1 to tie and 2 to win. I missed both and felt horrible.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• I play the game for 4 quarters and rest after the game. Never in the middle.
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
• I try my best to never be outworked and I know other guys on my team do the same. Everyone else raises the intensity in which they workout and practice with. Austin Hogancamp or Malik Honeycutt are two guys I see going all out every practice.
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
• I’ve always been called AK or AK47. It originated when my friends dad convinced me to change my number from to 47 since my initials were already AK.
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
• I am a semester away from graduating with a degree in economics. However, My dream job would be training athletes of all ages in my own gym and training facility back home in California.
What is your coolest moment of your life?
– Going into the Georgia game their O-line was all over ESPN for their size and ability to pass block. Being able to get that sack on Fromm with my parents their in attendance was one of the coolest feelings.
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds 2021 Small School Rankings
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
• Country roads with the guys every Karaoke night back in Murray.
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking?
• Tom Hardy would play the role of myself pretty well.
Who is your favorite football team?
• I’ve always been a die hard Bears fan along with the rest of my family.
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
• I get angry when I’m hungry. My family hates it.
What is your biggest fear?
• My biggest fear in life is letting the ones I love down. They have worked to hard to put me in the position that I am in today for me to go and mess it up.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Drew Anderson. Dude can throw a pig skin.
Take us through game day, How do you prepare?
• My game days always start with a text from my mom saying good luck. When I get off the bus I look up at the stadium and try to think about how lucky I am to get to play football on Saturday’s, not everyone gets the opportunity and that alone inspires me . After warm ups before I take the field, I look at my cleats that have all my family members names written on them and I remember who I am playing for.
Do you have any hobbies?
• I’m a competitor so I’m always playing basketball, poker, or xbox with the guys back home.
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
• I watch a lot of film on Eric Kendricks. I like to watch guys that are about 6’0-6’1 and see how they play at that level. I try to play like him.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• The biggest influence I’ve had on my life would be my family. My parents work hard to provide for my siblings and I and it inspires me to work even harder so that one day they won’t need too.
What motivates you to work hard?
• Along with my the inspiration I get from my family, I am also motivated to show everyone that it’s not just the 5 star athletes that make it. That you can put your head down and work for whatever you want in life. It doesn’t have to be pretty.
- Another high school football player has been killed in Michigan, the second player from the school killed in a week
- Oklahoma Football: Spencer Rattler’s Strengths & Improvements | Film Analysis (Kansas State Game)
- Utah High School football star one of three people arrested for brutally beating a man with wooden blocks and a pole to death
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Obinna Eze. Together we...
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Chris Ferguson. Together we...
USC Trojans linebacker Hunter Echols sat down with Chris Dicerbo on Slightly Personal, Always...
In this video, we break down film, QB Spotlight owner Steven Hamner breaks down...