- Name: Alex Rendon
- Position: WR
- College: Pacific Lutheran University
- Height: 5′ 9″
- Weight: 185 lbs
- Twitter: @RendonA3
1.What do you do for fun?
- I like to go snowboarding in the winter and hanging out with my teammates. I’ve always enjoyed listening to music which has always been a big part of my life. I also like to watch movies in my free time.
2.What do you hope to accomplish if you make it into the NFL?
- Taking my career into the next level would be an absolute dream come true. I would hope to put smaller schools on the map and show that there is a lot of talent being overlooked. If given the opportunity, I would play with a chip on my shoulder and use what I learned in college to compete.
3.What is your mindset when you are on the football field?
- My mindset is to do my part or my “1/11th”. Whatever the team needs me to do I will do with all that I have. Some games they will feed time the ball more than others and some days they need me to block more it just depends on the game plan. But we go out to win and play the game the right way. The best part is playing with my teammates.
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds 2021 Small School Rankings
4.What is your favorite workout?
- We have a really good strength trainer at PLU and I really enjoy the workouts he puts together. The development of our program has taken my game to the next level.
5.If your life was a tv show what would you call it and why?
- I would call it a small town big dreams. This was the theme for my football team in high school. North Bend, Washington is not a big city but I’ve always had dreams of having a successful football career.
6.What is your favorite snack?
- My favorite snack is a simple tuna sandwich.
7.What has been your biggest challenge in life?
- One of my biggest challenges in life has been trying to prove people wrong. I was constantly overlooked and viewed as the underdog when I always felt I was capable of more. Working as hard as I can to prove people wrong as been a challenge but well worth the time.
8.What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
- At an early age, I knew I wanted to play sports. I grew up playing football and baseball but I knew when I played football full contact for the first time that football was the game for me. Ever since that point, it has been a huge part of my life and I’m grateful for what I’ve learned from it.
9.What are your favorite moments from your football life?
- My favorite football memory is from my freshman year at PLU. My first time playing at George Fox and they were ranked top 25 in the country at the time. Beating that team in their field was one of the best feelings. We used that as a building block for the future. It was also one of my first times punt returning in college.
10.What would a team get in a player like you?
- I believe I would bring a unique skill-set to a team. I am a strong route runner with the ability to make contested catches. I believe I am most dangerous after the catch and I am above all else a hard-working competitor. If a team were to give me a chance I believe I can be a difference-maker.
11.If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
- I would definitely hang out with my favorite receiver of all time, Michael Irvin. I grew up in Texas and a cowboys fan. Even though he was before my time I admired the way he played the game and the confidence he brought. He was the definition of a playmaker and it would be cool to hang out with him for a day.
12. How has your experience as a Pacific Lutheran University Lutes football player been?
- It has been a life-changing experience. One of the best decisions I have ever made. Playing for Coach McAdams, Coach Keim, Coach Spence, Coop, Sparks, and Daly has been incredible. I have made great friends and incredible relationships. I have grown a lot as a player and as a person. I can not thank Pacific Lutheran University enough for what they have done for me and the education they have given me so far.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:NFL Draft Diamonds Super Early 2021 NFL Mock Draft 2.0 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/07/mock-d… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/y8PPlkbEAO
about 15 mins ago
- ICYMI:ATTENTION FOOTBALL PLAYERS, PLEASE READ: Answering questions about COVID-19, Opt-Outs, and more… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 17 mins ago
- ICYMI:All charges against Quinton Dunbar are dropped, but DeAndre Baker faces up to LIFE IN PRISON… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 18 mins ago
- ICYMI:UAB freshman linebacker Allen Merrick has passed away after getting shot nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/08/allen-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 18 mins ago
- ICYMI:NFL COVID-19 OPT-OUT TRACKER nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/07/covid-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/KokRrVnb6a
about 21 mins ago