There are quite a bit of reporters who think Oregon is going to get beat by North Dakota State in the first game of the year. That would be pretty wild, but I remember recently reading all these bold predictions about Wyoming smashing Oregon in Wyoming with Josh Allen as their quarterback. I know this because I am a huge Buffalo Bills fan and I went back to read about everything I could after my team selected him as a quarterback.
The critics were saying Oregon was going to get smashed, they stood no chance to beat Wyoming and Oregon beat the brakes off the Cowboys. The final score was 49-13.
I am not saying that Oregon cannot be beat, but let’s pump the brakes really fast on the North Dakota State hype train. I think North Dakota State has several NFL Draft picks and Trey Lance maybe the best small school quarterback since Carson Wentz, but you have to take everything in consideration. North Dakota State lost Jabril Cox a top rated linebacker in the NFL Draft to LSU, but they still have been super impressive.
North Dakota State went undefeated last year, and have won 8 of the last 9 FCS Championships.
They are the Alabama of the FCS, but can they beat Oregon?
Oregon has some serious question marks on their team too. Who is their quarterback? Justin Herbert left and right now they have Tyler Shough, Anthony Brown a recent grad transfer both competing with Cale Millen and Jay Butterfields. They also have a new offensive coordinator in Joe Moorhead, who has some solid players. Oregon has several draft picks on their roster right now. They have probably the best offensive lineman in the entire country, and they have studs on offense like Johnny Johnson and on defense guys like Deommodore Lenoir has turned into a stud cornerback.
I am not saying an upset is not possible, but let’s not get too excited. We are truly going to find out if Trey Lance can deal with pressure. He is a legitimate NFL prospect, and one of the best quarterbacks I have ever watched on film, but this would have to be a team effort to upset Oregon.
Oregon lands some of the best recruits in the country yearly. This is not going to be a push over. I hope North Dakota State players focus because I would love to see an upset, but I am not ready to write off the Ducks yet.
If Trey Lance can somehow lead the Bison to a win over Oregon, I feel his stock would be so high NFL teams would actually consider him at the equivalent of Trevor Lawrence. But, you have to perform in your big games against big time schools.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Shemar Jean-Charles, CB, Appalachian State nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/02/shemar…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 18 mins ago
- Last Chance:JJ Watt to Bills needs to happen right now nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/02/jj-wat… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/TjDsMGVp2t
about 30 mins ago
- Last Chance:NFL Pro Day Schedule for 2021 NFL Draft Prospects nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/02/pro-da… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/hjYVR7xmcl
about 46 mins ago
- ICYMI:Fantasy Doctors: Will Fuller Injury Review | Could he be with a new team in 2021? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/02/will-f…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Did You See This:From Dud To Stud, 15 Players That Will Be Noticed In 2021 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/02/dud-to… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago