Hello, I am @jrberendzen on Twitter and this is one of my free agent interviews where I ask very deserving free agents questions about the players themselves and about what a team would get in these players. All of these players should get picked up by NFL and CFL teams and get a shot at being a career football player. So I hope you all read this interview with Sam Gillison. Make sure you follow him on Twitter @valid_gill
1.What do you hope to accomplish if you make it into the NFL?
- I will show everyone that it doesn’t matter where you come from, where you played, what state you’re from, or what division, talent is talent. I want to dominate and change the game. I hope to be one of the best during and even afterward. I hope to end my career with a Super Bowl ring and Hall of Fame honors.
2.Who are your favorite musical artists?
- My favorite musical artists are Pnb Rock, Lil Wayne, Lil Yachty, Young Dolph, YNW Melly, and Pop Smoke.
3.What is your mindset when you are on the football field?
- My mindset on the field is that of a demon. I am destructive. Nobody can stand in my way. Every one that lines up across from me better be ready to guard me for all four quarters, because like a snake I’m loaded and ready to strike. Only I can stop me. And in between those lines, that doesn’t happen.
4.If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
- AJ Green because I have been following him for his entire career. I try to model my game after him. Also because he is not like another superstar WRs in the league. He is laid back and refrains from being in the camera and media all the time. When healthy, AJ is able to do it all. He makes guys miss, he goes up and climbs the ladder for balls, he makes top-notch sideline catches. He is as versatile as they come, not to mention being able to do that at 6’4. I’m sure he would have a lot of knowledge for me about how to use my body and what I can do to put myself in the best position to win every route.
5.What do you do for fun?
- I like to take long drives and look at the scenery around me. I also enjoy doing ball drills and try to catch the ball in all different ways and angles. I like to watch battle rap as well.
6.What are your favorite moments from your football career?
- The first one that comes to mind is my first record day in 2018. I ended the game with 8 catches, 223 yards, and 3 TDs. We also won the game in a shootout 47-45. It was also the first time in program history we had a 2-game win streak. I was also on the D3 Football team of the week for that game. Another moment is catching the game-winner against FDU in 2018 as well. We scored 14 points in 30 seconds. I had 7 catches for 84 yards and 2 TDs that game. Those were both very pivotal games during our 8-game win streak. It was the most historic season in the team’s program and it was a blessing to be apart of.
7.If you could live anywhere in the world where and why?
- I’d like to live in a society where black people are discriminated against because of the color of our skin. A truly equal nation. No prejudice. A place where our children aren’t considered a threat. A place where all the police protect and serve EVERYONE earnestly and honestly. A place where drugs aren’t intentionally dropped into black neighborhoods affecting black lives for decades upon decades.
8.What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
- When I was in 3rd grade I moved to a new town and my new friends were playing football and talked about it all the time. I was 9 years old when I was introduced to football and since then I’ve never turned back.
9.If you were on an island and could only have three things which three things would you have?
- A Bible, a water purifier, and a machete
10.What would a team get in a player like you?
- They would get a rare player. I feel as though at my best I would be like no other player. I am versatile. I can run after the catch, I can go up and make 50/50 plays, I can make possession catches, I can use the sideline efficiently, I can run routes against the press or off coverage, and I can run the ball as well. Through guidance and great coaching, I feel as though I would contribute greatly to an offense and bring energy.
11.If your life was a tv show what would you call it and why?
- One By One or Sosa’s Story. One by One because I wore number 1 and number 11 in college and those numbers mean a lot to me and my journey. But also because I’ve been through a lot on this journey and through it all I have learned to go one by one. One step at a time. There’s no point in harping on what happened in the past just keeping moving forward. One foot in front of the other. Sosa’s Story because Sosa is my football alter ego and only one person truly knows what I’ve gone through. The story is a great tell and I feel as though people would be interested in how I got to where I am.
12.If you were an animal which animal would you be and why?
- I would be the deadliest snake. Snakes are evasive and adapt to their surroundings. They are feared. Often times they are misunderstood as well as underestimated. Even the smallest snake can be deadly with a drop of venom. I am underestimated, constantly overlooked, and counted out. Nonetheless, I am deadly. And ready to strike at any moment.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Matthew Mattingly, WR, Morgan State University… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 24 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Mike Boykin, DL, North Alabama nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/mike-b… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 39 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Clay Legault, OL, Merrimack College nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/07/clay-l… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for September 19, 2020; Signings, Daily Workouts, and Roster Cuts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Last Chance:Breaking: Bills are signing former Jets OC Jonotthan Harrison to their practice squad… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago