The HBCU landed their first trendsetter. Raequan Bell a 6040, 228 pound pro-style quarterback is headed to Morgan State. Bell signed his letter of Intent in December, but he had offers from 6 teams in the MAC to include, Buffalo, Central Michigan, Eastern Michigan, Miami (OH), Eastern Kentucky, Indiana State, Tennessee State and Tiffin University.
You have to check out the kid, he has a big boy arm. The Detroit, Michigan native chose Morgan State University and that makes me smile.
In an interview with Sports Fan Journal, Beal said,
“Morgan State was the perfect opportunity I was waiting on, that’s why I didn’t commit early,” Beal said. “The campus is full of life and the coaches are there to build us as men. I can see myself living in Baltimore after my college career.”
“Morgan has a great Sports Management program, so I decided that’s what I want to study. Believe it or not, academics had a lot to do with my decision,” he said. “The NFL is not promised to anyone, so I’m in a great position to use my skills on the field to get a free education. My dream is to go to the NFL, but I will be working as hard on both the field and the classroom. It’s the best of both worlds, to be honest. I get to do what I love to do in playing football, and I’m also setting myself up to have a bright future with limitless opportunities.”
“My family influenced me to go to Morgan State. My Grandad is a huge Michigan fan and he rooted for Tyrone Wheatley (now Morgan State’s head coach) when he played there, so that was the icing on the cake,” Beal said. “When he visited my house, it showed me how much my family liked him as a man and a coach.”
This is a huge prospect for Morgan State and Tyrone Wheatley. Michigan and Michigan State both had interest in Beal as well. I am hoping more recruits will follow in Beal’s footsteps.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:That Sports Guy’s Podcast Player Interview: Dy’Jonn Turner, DB, University of Alabama-Birmingham… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 30 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Tyler Dressler, LB, University of Richmond nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/05/tyler-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 42 mins ago
- This better happen! #WashingtonRedtails https://t.co/SLnwt2sxPh
about 49 mins ago
- ICYMI:418 players in the NFL are from Non-FBS schools; Find out who all made the list inside… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 50 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Tyrell Ford, DB, Waterloo University - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/07/tyrell… @UWaterloo @WlooFTB
about 50 mins ago