- Name: Moses Talabert
- Position: Center
- Height: 6’1
- Weight: 278
- 40 Time: 4.99
- College: University of Charleston
- Twitter: @Moses_Too_Fwea
1.What do you hope to accomplish if you make it into the NFL?
- God Willing, By making it to the league, I hope to pave the way for all undersized lineman both in my city & around the globe.
2.So Charleston is the golden eagles so what eagle traits would you say you have?
- Well first off, Eagles are birds that prey, hunt, & do whatever in order to eat. That trait alone is what I’m all about. I will do whatever it takes to win when it’s game time & dominate my opponent. Another trait I find myself familiar with is their powerful vision. As A Center I have to ALWAYS see the field & recognize where the rush is coming from on the snap of the ball.
3.What is your mindset when you are on the football field?
- My mindset is extremely simple. The only thing on my mind when I’m getting ready to touch that field is domination. Dominating in the trenches leads to long TD runs, More room for Mr RB to work, & most importantly WINS!
4.If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
- If I could hang out with any football player for a day, It would have to be Aaron Donald. Aaron Donald is one of the most disruptive & smallest lineman in the league. I would hang out with Aaron Donald just so he can tell me his secret at dominating bigger guys at the professional level. Also, So he can show me the moves he uses to beat them so quickly & practice against them.
5.What is your favorite dinner?
- My favorite dinner overall would have to be shrimp & rice. I know it sounds plain but I can eat that all day!
6.What are your favorite moments from your football life?
- One of my favorite moments would have to be beating Valparaiso University, A Division l team at their stadium at their homecoming. We went out there & handled business. Most of my key highlight blocks & pancakes came from that game. A D2 Team is never supposed to go & beat A D1 team so for us to go out there & upset that program was HUGE! I will remember that forever especially because my old OL coach was a Valparaiso alum.
7.If you could live anywhere in the world where and why?
- As crazy as this sounds, I would choose to stay where I’m from in my Hometown Miami, FL #DadeCounty. Wouldn’t trade it for the world, our culture & overall environment is unmatched. Lets not forget we also got the best weather known to man.
8.What made you decide that you wanted to be a football player?
- After my first practice/tryout I knew I wanted to play football for a very long time. At that first practice everything came natural to me & I remember coach asking to me afterwards “You sure you never played football before this” because he was so shocked.
9.What do you do for fun?
- I hoop, workout, & watch football for fun really.
10.What would a team get in a player like you?
- Any team that decides to take the chance on me & draft me will be getting a straight up DAWG. I bury defenders & finish blocks like it’s light work. That team will also be getting my on the field football IQ along with my use of speed and technique at the line of scrimmage. My hands & feet are extremely quick & coordinated! With some of my defenders outweighing me, speed & technique has been the key to dominating big guys on the interior. Me being able to get my two feet down before the nose guard over the top of me even gets his first step down has been the root cause of my domination at the line of scrimmage.
11.If your life was a tv show what would you call it and why?
- I would call it Triumph. Triumph is just a fancy word for victory. I picked this name because no matter what I’ve been through God has always found a way to help me overcome any situation that was thrown at me. This relates directly to football because in games sometimes there is going to be adversity & it is up to you as a player to overcome that & still find a way to WIN.
12.If you were an animal which animal would you be and why?
- I would be a lion just because they’re literally the king of the jungle. Lions don’t even have to speak.. When they come around all the other animals already know what time it is.