- Name: Kobe Matesic
- Height: 6 ft 4”
- Weight: 330 lbs
- Position: Nose Guardmates
- College: The College of Wooster
- Twitter: @MatesicKobe
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
- I really honestly don’t go to too many restaurants but if I had to pick a best one in Buffalo, it would probably have to be Apollos because I go there the most.
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
- When breaking down film the things that stick out to me the most are examining what the opposing team’s offensive line is good at doing and what they are bad at doing. Specifically what moves or stunts can be used to high success and what possibly won’t work. I also look at footwork and how well each lineman can pass set as opposed to how well they can run block. Another thing that sticks out to me is minor tics that a player might have that informs me of how they might be blocking or the type of play they might run. For example if a certain player always twitches his right hand before a down block, or if a RB has a tendency to do a little hop before running up the middle as opposed to flat foot when bouncing it.
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds 2021 Small School Rankings
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
- The first thing I would do if I won the lotto is use the money to buy my mom a house and give her the life she deserves.
What has been your biggest failure?
- My biggest failure in my opinion was when I stopped living my life the way my God would want me too. My faith is an extremely important part of my life, but there was a portion of my life where I really wasn’t living a life that represented that. It was during this time that I really didn’t like myself as a person and was genuinely upset with the quality of life I was living. I deem it my biggest failure because I didn’t just let myself down I let my God down and that hurts me the most till this day.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- I think if asked my teammates would probably say my personality is my best quality.
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
- I really can’t list just one of my teammates as the hardest working because they put in the time and effort day in and day out but if I had to name a few I would start with Kraus. I really admire him as a teammate and as a man, he busts his ass in the gym and on the field but he also puts just as much time into his classes and his education. I would also say my boys BHolt, Nkosi, and Quincy also all come to mind. That’s because even though they were just Freshmen they put in just as much work as the Seniors when it came to the field and also the weight room. And just being able to watch their growth and development as players due to that commitment and hard work really makes me proud. Those were just a few quick names that came to mind however, as previously stated every one of my teammates puts in their time and that work day in and day out and should be acknowledged for it.
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
- I actually have several nicknames. They are in no particular order Big Dog, Big Juicy, Kob pronounced (Koh-b), Kobert or Koberto, and finally fluffy (but only my mom calls me that)!
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
- My degree is in Communication Studies and my dream job would have to either be a counselor or pastor like my grandparents.
What is your coolest life moment?
- My coolest life moment would definitely have to be the first time I ever taught/preached at my church in front of my entire congregation as well as my mom and grandparents.
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
- The song I’m singing at karaoke night is probably a tie between Dilemma by Kelly Rowland, Everyday Struggle by The Notorious B.I.G, or Control by Big Sean (specifically Kendricks part although I’ll do the whole song it’s just 7 minutes long).
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking?
- I don’t really watch movies so I asked my mom and she said Daveed Diggs
Who is your favorite football team?
- The Buffalo Bills of course
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
- Warning: Unreasonably Goofy
What is your biggest fear?
- My biggest fear is disappointing my friends and family and especially my God
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
- I would say either Tre’Davious White or Tremaine Edmunds. Both of them are some studs at their positions and deserve a lot more respect and recognition. I’d also say Devin Singletary as well is an underrated player even though him and Tre are rookies they’re both absolute studs.