- Name: Jordan Canady
- Height: 6’2
- Weight: 207
- Position: Safety
- College: University of North Dakota
- Twitter: @jordancanady25
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
• Henry and Bobbie’s Bungalow. Their soul food is perfect for every Sunday while watching football games.
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
• The film room does not tell lies. I think my film shows my speed and length to cover the field. I recognize plays quickly and am an efficient tackler who doesn’t go for knockout hits every play. I anticipate routes well and understand what the offense is trying to do. As I have progressed in my career, I think you will see a more confident version of myself every year. This upcoming year, I plan on taking my game to the next level in every aspect.
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
• This would be a dream come true, but I would give the money to my mother so she could keep track of it. She is a trustworthy person.
What has been your biggest failure?
• This easily was not making it to state championship my senior year in high school basketball. We came up very short early in the playoffs and it will haunt me forever.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates would say my best quality is my toughness and humility. I have started 28 straight games so far and never backed down from any challenge. I have never believed I am bigger than the program or anyone else.
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
• This would be Garett Maag. He is always putting in extra work and pushes everyone every day in practice.
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
• My degree is in Business Management and I’m minoring in Economics. My dream job besides football would be to become a manager for Tesla. Their jobs are catered to helping the environment and building cool new vehicles. It would be something new almost every day.
What is your coolest life moment?
• My coolest life moment was going to the Bucks game against the Lakers. Seeing the GOAT, LeBron, playing Giannis, was unforgettable. Not everyone can say they’ve seen LeBron play in person and I’m fortunate enough for that. Now, I just have to meet him in person!
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
• I would sing Rock with You by Michael Jackson. Michael Jackson is one of my favorite artists ever.
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds 2021 Small School Rankings
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking?
• I will pick Will Smith because I am a Legend. No pun intended.
Who is your favorite football team?
• My favorite football team is the Green Bay Packers. I grew up watching the NFL every Sunday, and our organization has been blessed going from Brett Favre to Aaron Rodgers. My dream would be to suit up in that green and gold one day.
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
• Silent but deadly.
What is your biggest fear?
• Definitely, super tall heights.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Budda Baker is the most underrated player in the NFL. He plays safety and is very physical at the point of contact. He plays for the Arizona Cardinals and doesn’t get much love when people discuss the top safeties in the league.
Take us through game day, How do you prepare?
• I really just envision myself making plays. I like to relax my mind and listen to fun music to get loose. I believe in thinking less, and playing faster.
Do you have any hobbies?
• I listen to a whole variety of music, play video games, and workout. I’m a very simple guy.
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
• I would compare myself to Ha Ha Clinton Dix. He covers the field well and stays disciplined in coverage. Solid tackler as well. I try to take as many games from every safety in the league and apply it to me.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My parents because I talk to them almost every day. They have provided me the opportunity to live my best life and worry only about what I can control. I continue to learn many lessons from them in every aspect of life.
What motivates you to work hard?
•Understanding that this is bigger than me. I represent my university, my teammates, my coaches, my alma mater, my family, and the people who’ve supported me throughout my life. There are no excuses for me to not be the best version of myself.