Jamal Williams the former Western Michigan football player was shot and killed in a Munster, Indiana hospital while being treated in the psychiatric unit.
A report from CBS Chicago says two retired officers and security guards at the hospital Ryan Askew and Benny Freeman responded to the altercation.
Upon arrival, The massive Williams had overpowered the security guards and had Officer Ryan Askew in a choke hold. The report says that Askew began to lose consciousness, and at that time Officer Freeman pulled his weapon and fired it twice striking Williams in the face and Askew in the arm. Unfortunately though, a bullet went through Officer Askew’s chest as well and both died at the scene.
Here is a message from Williams family member on Twitter.
A retired cop just killed my little brother today. And shit not adding up! My brother was in the hospital to get help because he was having a breakdown from all the craziness that’s going on right now. And look what happened to him?! I will never forgive Benny Freeman! pic.twitter.com/daXzGhETsY— PLUR Queen (@GIVEMEPLUR) June 16, 2020
This is so sad on so many levels. Williams went to the hospital because of mental health issues stemming from racial injustice.
Williams was a native of Chicago that measured 6-foot-3 and 290 pounds. He had two tackles and a half-tackle for a loss in 61 career snaps at Western Michigan, all last year.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for November 28, 2020, Daily Workouts, Signings, and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/nfl-tr…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 26 mins ago
- Premier League Roundup: Spurs Topple City, Blades’ Woes Deepen ift.tt/3fHGvsC
about 48 mins ago
- Hearing Ravens TE Mark Andrews tested positive
about 1 hour ago
- Kid is a beast! Running behind Kayode!! I’m telling you Bulls are no joke twitter.com/cbssportsnet/s…
about 2 hours ago
- Patterson is a dog twitter.com/ubfootball/sta…
about 2 hours ago