Hello, I am @jrberendzen on Twitter and this is one of my free agent interviews where I ask very deserving free agents questions about the players themselves and about what a team would get in these players. All of these players should get picked up by NFL and CFL teams and get a shot at being a career football player. So I hope you all read this interview on David Haney and follow his journey on Twitter @Dhaneywavy
1.If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
- Probably Deion Sanders. He revolutionized my position & brought so much swag to the game. I’m a multiple-sport athlete as well and he had the confidence to take the risk to pursue that.
2.What is your favorite workout?
- Playing basketball or lifting
3.What is your mindset when you are on the football field?
- I’ve dealt with a tremendous amount of pain in my life. It’s sometimes difficult to express it but when I’m on the field, I can articulate it perfectly with my passion and fearlessness.
4.What are your favorite moments from your football life?
- When I was an HS Running back I hurdled a defender that was standing straight up and was flagged for it. At San Bernardino Valley College, I had 2 interceptions in my first game during the second half. One was a pick 6 & the other sealed the game. I joined the team late & ended up wearing number 44 bc it was all they had left. After that game, I kept 44 as a reminder that I was there to play football.
5.If you could live anywhere in the world where and why?
- California. I’m from there and I’ve yet to find anywhere that has such a diverse and open-minded culture along with amazing places to go. You could go surfing and snowboarding in the same day. Cmon you can’t beat that.
6.If you were on an island and could only have three things which three things would you have?
- My Xbox. A piano. Books.
7.What do you hope to accomplish if you make it into the NFL?
- Obviously win a super bowl – go-to pro bowls – but it’s much deeper than that. I want to make a difference in the field so I can make a difference in it. There so much hatred and resentment within my communities back home that I would like to give back and make a change. Just the other day in Victorville a black man was lynched in front of the city hall. God has blessed me with talent on the football field to help me make a significant difference back home and around the world.
8.What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
- When I was around 6 or 7, my brother and I would spend hours in our apartment complex playing catch. The neighbor kids were bigger, faster, and stronger than me but none of them had my heart or could catch like me. I’ve always had a chip on my shoulder & when I realized I could express that through football that’s when I wanted to do this for life.
9.What do you do for fun?
- Mainly play Xbox with my bro’s. I like to read & I taught myself piano at 14.
10.What would a team get in a player like you?
- A passionate driven leader that’s always seeking to get better. At every level I’ve played at, I’ve always risen to the occasion and stood out.
11.What has been your biggest challenge in life?
- For a time at my junior college in CA, I was living out of my car during the football season. My brother ended up finding out and spent the time with me at a hotel until I saved enough money from working at Wendy’s to get an apartment.
12.If your life was a tv show what would you call it and why?
- Not sure, probably. “Relentless”. No matter what resources I had, I’ve always played my cards the best I could and have been relentless in the pursuit of my dreams.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: William Waddell, OL, Western Illinois University… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 17 mins ago
- Oklahoma Football: Spencer Rattler’s Strengths & Improvements | Film Analysis (Kansas State Game)… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 19 mins ago
- Utah High School football star one of three people arrested for brutally beating a man with wooden blocks and a pol… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 33 mins ago
- Did You See This:2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Gianni D’Arienzo, DB, William Jewell College… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 52 mins ago
- NFL Transactions for June 18, 2021 | Signings, Roster Cuts and Daily Workouts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/06/workou… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 60 mins ago
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Obinna Eze. Together we...
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Chris Ferguson. Together we...
USC Trojans linebacker Hunter Echols sat down with Chris Dicerbo on Slightly Personal, Always...
In this video, we break down film, QB Spotlight owner Steven Hamner breaks down...