- Name: Dareke Young
- Height: 6ft 3inch
- Weight: 215
- Position: WR
- College: Lenoir-Rhyne University
- Twitter: @darekeyoung4
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
• The best restaurant in my city is Hibachi 88, best hibachi I’ve ever had.
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
• I’m a do it all kind of player. You can give the ball to me in the pass And run game. You can also count on me to block and I’m on all special teams.
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
• If I won the lottery I would invest 1/4 of my money into Amazon and let my money work for me.
What has been your biggest failure?
• I don’t have any. I’m a strong believer in everything happens for a reason, just take it as a lesson.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates would say my best quality would be leading by example both on and off the field.
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
• It’s hard to pinpoint just one guy. I would have to say either; Jason Poe, Dan Louba, or Tre Luttrell.
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
• Yes, my nickname is Reke.
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
• My major is Engineering Physics, and my dream job is to be a mechanical engineer for a car company like Mercedes or Tesla.
What is your coolest life moment?
• My coolest life moment would have to be making straight A’s for the first time this past spring semester. With a major like mine that’s hard to do.
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
• Latch by Disclosure and Sam Smith.
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking?
• I would like to play Jamie Foxx in the movie Django because that’s my favorite movie.
Who is your favorite football team?
• My favorite team in the NFL is the Atlanta Falcons.
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
• If I had a warning label it would say “warning, do not ask me if I play a sport because of my skin color and size”
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds 2021 Small School Rankings
What is your biggest fear?
• My biggest fear is God.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• The most underrated player in the NFL would have to be A.J. Brown because he had a great rookie season this past year and didn’t get the recognition he deserved such as, Offensive Rookie of the Year.
Take us through game day, How do you prepare?
• If it’s a home game I start off game day by going into the training room and getting into the cold tub. While I’m in the cold tub I’m watching film on the opponent. Then I wash off and go stretch with the team. Next, I get prepared for either walk thru or film with the team. Then eat pregame meal which leads to my pregame nap. After my nap, I start listening to my pregame music which is gospel because gospel music keeps me calm, I like to be calm and focused before games. Next, I put on my gear and head out to the field early to catch a few balls with the quarterbacks and imagine all the plays that will be made in the game. Then, I go back to the locker room to put my pads on and lastly, take the field with my teammates.
Do you have any hobbies?
• I like to watch movies, there aren’t too many movies I haven’t seen on Netflix. I also like hanging out and joking around with friends/teammates.
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
• I would say A.J. Brown because he’s a big physical WR like myself that runs good routes and has good speed. He doesn’t need a bunch of catches to get a lot of yards because he’s good at getting yards after the catch. You can also give him the ball on jet sweeps and he’ll make a play.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My mom has been the biggest influence on my life because I watched her struggle all of my life raising my 2 older brothers and I on her own. She has 2 jobs and never complains. She is one of the hardest workers I know. A person like her deserve a lot more than what she has and I feel like I’m in a good position to reward her with those things.
What motivates you to work hard?
• My mom motivates me to work hard because she’s a hard worker. Whenever I don’t feel like doing something I think about her working 2 jobs. I know that she doesn’t feel like doing that but she do it anyway because she have to.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for February 26, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/02/nfl-tr…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 15 mins ago
- ICYMI:Transfer Portal: Syracuse Football | Garrett Shrader Film Break Down nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/02/garret… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 26 mins ago
- Guy's do me a favor and like our newest addition on YouTube's Channel. It is @QBspotlight and his channel is… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- ICYMI:NFL Draft Big Board 2.0: Top 480 prospects in the 2021 NFL Draft presented by Draft Diamonds… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Oregon High School broken-hearted after star football prospect Ezekiel Crowder’s suicide nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/02/ezekie…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago