- Name: Daniel Whelan
- Height: 6 ft 6 in
- Weight: 225 lbs
- Position: Punter
- College: UC Davis
- Twitter: @danwhelan37
What is the best restaurant in your hometown?
• Powerscourt Arms Hotel and Restaurant, Enniskerry, Ireland.
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
• Consistency and the ability to place the ball wherever it needs to go.
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
• Donate some money to the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation because I care deeply about the environment; I’d also get another dog. (Helping my mother and family of course as well)
What has been your biggest failure?
• My biggest failure was not being able to bring my dog over from Ireland to live with me.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Reliable, consistent & powerful
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
• Niko Harris, he is the silent killer, keeps his head down, always on time, does what he is told and is a great team player
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
• I’ve a couple; Irish Wolfhound, DDuubs
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
• Sustainable Environmental Design; I’d try to work with a company who designs sustainable homes
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds 2021 Small School Rankings
What is your coolest life moment?
• Arriving in Palm Springs in 2013 with huge excitement and expectations for my new life ahead
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
• Adele, Set Fire to the Rain
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking?
• Daniel Craig, James Bond
Who is your favorite football team?
• 49ers and if asked me that in at home in Ireland, I’d say Newcastle United
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
• Warning, l’m not a Leprechaun!
What is your biggest fear?
• Not living up to my full potential and not being successful at whatever I put my mind to
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Johnny Hekker, he is very consistent and is capable of thriving in very pressured situations all over the field.
Take us through game day, How do you prepare?
• The night before, I meditate; game day, have breakfast, walk my dog, enjoy the pre-game meal, go out in the field to practice, talk to my team mates, stretch and punt by myself. Then practice with my long snapper, directional punts, stretch, work out. At half time, I usually have a bagel.
Do you have any hobbies?
• Working out, meditation, tennis
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
• Johnny Hekker, Rams Punter
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My Mum. She has taught me to always to do the right thing, be myself and be kind
What motivates you to work hard?
• My motivation is to make my family proud, and coming from Ireland, is to have this opportunity to be a successful punter in the NFL.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:Fantasy Doctors | Josh Allen Injury Update | All eyes on Bills QB’s ankle and knee… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 24 mins ago
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB, Notre Dame nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/jeremi… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 32 mins ago
- Did You See This:Fantasy Doctors | Christian McCaffrey Injury Update | Will McCaffrey return in 2020?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 41 mins ago
- Last Chance:Najee Harris Scouting Report | 2021 NFL Draft Prospect | Alabama RB nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/najee-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 43 mins ago
- Last Chance:Beyond the Negotiation Podcast: NFL agents talk about the misconceptions of being an agent, and how try… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 48 mins ago