Mike Strachan is from Freeport, Bahamas but do not let that fool you. The huge wide receiver from the University of Charleston has football in his blood. His father Jerome was a wide receiver for Bethune-Cookman University of the MEAC Division back in the day.
Strachan played high school football in Lynchburg, Virginia at Liberty Christian Academy where he caught the eye of Charleston football coach Pat Kirkland, who fell in love with his size at 6’5.
Strachan is a track star too with speed, and many believed he was a track star playing football. We continue to hear that Strachan is a student of the game though, he studies every chance he gets. Also what helped Strachan is the fact he lined up across from Jonte Pooler and Cedric Amadi early in his career. Both Pooler and Amadi were beasts at UC.
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds 2021 Small School Rankings
Strachan came to Charleston in 2016 where he was a redshirt. In 2017, the young wide receiver played in 7 games and recorded just one catch for six yards, but in 2018 everything changed.
As a redshirt Sophomore, Mike was named to the All-MEC First team. He played in 11 games for the Golden Eagles and finished the year with 48 receptions and 1007 yards receiving. That 1007 yards became a record at UC.
Last year, Strachan did it again. He broke his receiving record when he hauled in 78 receptions for 1,319 yards and 19 touchdowns. He was named a First Team ALL-MEC player for the second year in a row. This year, I am expecting even more from the big time playmaking wide receiver.
NFL Draft Diamonds Scouting Notes:
When you look at the film on Mike Strachan you get fired up. The kid is a huge target that is very similar to Antonio Gandy-Golden who was drafted this year from Liberty. Both are huge targets with big play making ability. Strachan dominates the Division 2 level and is one of the best small school wide receivers in the nation. He will get a shot at the next level for sure, and I feel he will be a Diamond in the Rough. – Damond Talbot, Owner, NFL Draft Diamonds
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:Fantasy Doctors: Julio Jones Injury Update, Could he return this week? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/julio-…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 mins ago
- Did You See This:Fantasy Doctors: Salvon Ahmed Injury Update, Ruled out already for Week 12, OUCH… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 8 mins ago
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for November 27, 2020, Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/nfl-tr…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 21 mins ago
- Did You See This:Fantasy Doctors: Tua Tagovailoa Injury Update, How banged up is Tua? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/tua-ta… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 27 mins ago
- Did You See This:Fantasy Doctors: Myles Gaskin Injury Update, Will he return this week? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/myles-…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 42 mins ago