- Name: Isaac Parks
- Height: 6’0″
- Weight: 195 lbs
- Position: Punter
- College: UNC Pembroke
- Twitter: @isaac_happens
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
• In Greensboro, my favorite restaurant is a Japanese steakhouse called “Kabuto’s”. I’m a little biased towards non-American food but this steakhouse takes the cake as the best I’ve been to.
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
• I have three things that I believe make my film stand out as a punter: 1) Consistency 2) Resilience after a bad punt 3) Controlling the short field punts
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
• The first thing I would do is invest it in a combination of mutual funds, bonds, and maybe even some form of rental properties or restaurant franchises.
What has been your biggest failure?
• My biggest failure up to this point has been not taking my college career as seriously as I should have my freshman year, I let a year go by where I was below every standard I set for myself and it is something that haunts me but also drives me every day.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• I would say my work ethic, I think a lot of guys on my team see me work and are inspired by a guy going out and getting it day in and day out.
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
• We have a linebacker named David Salser that I really look up to as far as his work ethic. It’s not only how consistently I see him working but also how hard he goes in the weight room and on the practice field.
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
• I’ve never really gone by anything other than my first or last name except for one close family friend that calls me “Sebass” (short for Sebastian, my middle name)
NFL Draft Diamonds Small School Rankings
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
• I got my bachelors in marketing and I am looking to get my masters in sports administration. I would love to be a kicking coach or a special teams coordinator.
What is your coolest life moment?
• My coolest life moment by a mile is when I was able to propose to the love of my life in front of the football team. It’s a moment that will never happen again and it was beautiful.
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
• Can’t tell me nothing- Kanye West
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking?
• Is it too much of a long shot to say Zach Effron?
Who is your favorite football team?
• Special Teams (doesn’t matter which team)
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
• Warning: Don’t ask a question unless you want a longer than necessary answer
What is your biggest fear?
• Not leaving any lasting impact on the people I care about.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Most punters/kickers, notably, Sam Koch
Take us through game day, How do you prepare?
• Most game day preparation happens during the week, so game day is really about making last minute adjustments to things like the weather, and staying in a good, confident head space. I’ll usually work drop a good bit and if try to put myself in scenarios from every spot on the field, that way once it’s time to execute, I’ve already been there in my head a couple times.
Do you have any hobbies?
• Not really, I have a fiancee and 2 cats so they all keep me pretty busy when I’m not in football and school.
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
• I would like to think that I’d be like a Sam Koch who is a real master of his craft and tactician known more for his ability to control the ball rather than having a big leg.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My biggest influences at this point would have to be my parents. They gave me a good environment where I was pushed to succeed without feeling like I was suffocating.
What motivates you to work hard?
• I am motivated by a desire to leave a lasting legacy wherever I’m at. I not only desire to be great myself, but want my work ethic and my own success to inspire those around me to also succeed and do the best they can in what they control.