At the start of last season there was a total of 157 players from 76 different FCS schools in the NFL. All 32 NFL teams had at least two former FCS football players on their roster. It just goes to show that player in the FCS have what it takes to play at the next level.
During this years draft only six players from FCS schools, which is way lower compared to years past. The list of FCS players is quite long, and you can see all of them here.
Here are the Top 10 FCS players currently in the NFL:
- Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota State
- Darius Leonard, LB, South Carolina State
- David Johnson, RB, Northern Iowa
- Cooper Kupp, WR, Eastern Washington
- James Bradberry Jr., CB, Samford
- Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Eastern Illinois
- Tarik Cohen, RB, North Carolina A&T
- Ryan Fitzpatrick, QB, Harvard
- Kyle Juszcyk, FB, Harvard
- Joe Flacco, QB, Delaware
Check out more Draft Breakdown articles on NFL Draft Diamonds
There are plenty of other players worthy of making this list, however, Flacco gets the nod due to his Super Bowl run with the Ravens in 2013.
Overall, the list of NFL players that have played on the FCS level is insane. Adam Vinatieri should be on the list, however, Vinatieri still hasn’t decided if he is retiring or not after knee surgery.