- Name: Erik Hansen
- Height: 6’3
- Weight: 260
- Position: Defensive end/Edge
- College: The Upper Iowa University
- Twitter: @erikkk_hansen
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
• My mother’s kitchen
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
• My pass rush will stick out on film, I had 12.5 sacks and many more QB pressures. The film would also show me staying disciplined with doing my job on the field and making smart plays. I also think my speed and my high motor will show. In addition, I think my physicality would stick out as well.
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
• The first thing I would do with some of the money I won would be donated to charities that will help families that have been affected by COVID-19.
What has been your biggest failure?
• Not making the playoffs with my team yet.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• They would say I am hardworking when nobody is watching and will give 110% effort all the time in everything I do. In addition, they would say that I would do anything for the team to help us win as much as possible.
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
• Everyone on my team works extremely hard because of how much we all want to win. Our coaches installed a hardworking culture and do a great job of making sure we all get pushed to our limits.
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
• “Big Red” and “Biceps”
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
• Public Administration with a minor in communication, I want to work for the government as well as possibly coaching or even owning my own business.
What is your coolest life moment?
• Beating the University of Minnesota Duluth 23-13. I had 3 sacks and 4 TFLs that game and it felt great to beat a ranked team at their home field. Nobody expected us to beat them, but my whole team played a great game, and it was awesome to see everyone come together. Secondly, getting All-American this year was also a cool moment since that has always been a personal goal of mine.
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
• Take me home, Country Roads by: John Denver
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking?
• Chris Hemsworth
Who is your favorite football team?
• The Upper Iowa football team
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
• ” Warning, all I talk about is football”
What is your biggest fear?
• Not becoming successful, this fear helps push me past my limits. When I feel like giving up I just think of how terrible the feeling of not being successful would be.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Yannick Ngakoue, he continues to get pressure on QBs as well as force fumbles. I think he doesn’t he enough praise for how good he is. Being 6’2 245lbs he shows that you don’t necessarily have to be extremely big to play D-end as well.
Check out other NFL Draft Prospect Interviews on Draft Diamonds
Take us through game day, How do you prepare?
• I wake up, go eat a healthy breakfast with my team, go to team meetings, watch some more last-minute film, eat a small snack, get my ankles taped, listen to music, and then go the field and stretch.
Do you have any hobbies?
• I enjoy fishing, working out, and traveling
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
• I try to emulate Khalil Mack’s game. I like the way he uses speed to power when he is pass rushing and how aggressive his playstyle is. He also has a high football IQ which is something I strive for.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My parents, coaches, and teammates. They continue to push me as well as motivate me to become the best I can possibly be.
What motivates you to work hard?
• The love I have for football. The fear of not being able to play football anymore continues to make me work hard so that I will be able to play after college. Being from a smaller school I know I will have to work a lot harder than everyone else which I have embraced.