- Name: Drew Estrada
- Height: 6’0”
- Weight: 190
- Position: WR
- College: Dartmouth
- Twitter: @drewestrada
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
- Marty B’s . It has a really good Texas-style food like Barbecue and Tex Mex.
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
- I think my ability to do a lot of things sticks out. I am listed as a WR, but I feel like I am a dynamic player that can impact the game in several different ways, whether that be as a WR, RB, or Returner.
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
- I would buy my parents something nice and invest the rest.
What has been your biggest failure?
- I can’t think of one specifically, but probably anytime I let my parents down.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- I’d like to think they would say my composure and reliability during stressful situations.
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
- DJ Avery. He’s been through a lot of adversity and continues to grind day in and day out. I have a lot of respect for him.
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
- A lot of guys call me “straw”. It’s just a shortened version of my last name.
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
- Sociology modified with economics. Probably creating a real estate investment firm with my friends from Dartmouth.
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds 2021 Small School Rankings
What is your coolest life moment?
- My coolest football moment was beating Harvard on a hail mary last season.
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
- Shallow from A Star is Born
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking?
- Matthew McConaughey
Who is your favorite football team?
- Dallas Cowboys
What is your biggest fear?
- My biggest fear is not being there for someone when they need me. Whether that be family, a friend, or a teammate. I always want to be reliable and accountable.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
- There are a lot of underrated players in the NFL, but I have to go with Tony Pollard on the Dallas Cowboys. This may be just because I am a fan of the team, but I think he could easily be a feature back in the league. Every time he touches the ball he creates a big play, despite the small number of carries he gets behind Ezekial Elliot. He creates big plays from nothing.
Take us through game day, How do you prepare?
- Nothing special. I warm-up, stretch and run some routes. Right before the game I always listen to Back in Black by AC/DC because it’s what I used to listen with my dad on my way to games as a kid.
Do you have any hobbies?
- Golfing and snowboarding.
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
- Julian Edelman. He plays from the slot a majority of the time, he’s very quick, a good route runner, physical runner, and makes tough catches over the middle. I think my skill set is most similar to his.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- I would say both of my parents. They have always supported me through everything and have provided me the opportunity to succeed. Without them I would be nowhere.
What motivates you to work hard?
- The thought that those who are great and successful never take an off day. Hard work is something that was instilled in me from a young age and I have carried that throughout my life. It matters even more for a guy like me coming from such a small school. To have a shot at the NFL I need to work that much harder than everyone else.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- #BillsMafia takes the lead, can they hold on for the W twitter.com/nfl/status/130…
about 1 hour ago
- The kid is a stud, I have been saying it for years. He is finally getting the love he deserves twitter.com/tesslersports/…
about 1 hour ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Isaac Parks, P, UNC Pembroke nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/05/isaac-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/Dp1v8yfWqj
about 1 hour ago