- Name: Dimitrius Patterson
- Height: 5’9
- Weight: 175
- Position: WR
- College: Lindsey Wilson
- Twitter: @CantGuardMeech
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
- Dayton Coffee Shop
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
- Good routes and Good hands
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
- 10% to Charities and Church, and invest the rest.
What has been your biggest failure?
- Walking on to the University of Tennessee and being on the team and having to transfer due to my High school ACT.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- Hard worker and Dedication to the game
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
- Two guys that stand out to me are Cameron Dukes and John Lutz those dudes are constantly working. Anytime I go get some extra work in on the field or in the weight room you best believe those guys are there as well.
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds 2021 Small School Rankings
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
- Yes, My name is Dimitrius but I’m never called by that name. All I hear is Meechie. It’s different so I love it.
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
- My degree is Communication and my dream job would be to training athletes at my hometown gym D1 sports training.
What is your coolest life moment?
- My coolest life moment would be definitely having the opportunity to play college football with my brother (Noel Patterson) this upcoming season. It will be my last season at Lindsey and his first. I’ve played with him for one year in high school and now in college. Big thanks to Coach O for letting us have this opportunity, it is a blessing!
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
- Do not Disturb by Drake
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking?
- Mike Epps
Who is your favorite football team?
- The 49ers
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
- Like AllState you’re in Good hands.
What is your biggest fear?
- My biggest fear is failure. I fear the time I don’t achieve something and do not learn from it.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
- Stefon Diggs, he’s one of the best WRs in the league and has yet to be selected for the Pro Bowl.
Take us through game day, How do you prepare?
- First thing first I wake up and listen to music with my roommates that are like brothers Rob, Eddie, and now Noel. We just sit there before a pregame meal and talk about us making plays and how excited we are to play. Then I always arrive at the stadium early and get my things together and prepare mentally for the plays I want to make. I always think of good things happening and how blessed I am to be here and listen to some Gospel music before I go out and stretch and run some routes during pregame. Then I and my friend Payton Velradi always go over what we think will happen during the game. Imagining big plays. Then go out and go 1-0.
Do you have any hobbies?
- I love putting in work. I’m constantly in the gym and on the field. That is my favorite thing to do.
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
- Wes Welker/Julian Edelman
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- Jesus Christ, hands down. I would not be in the great situation I am in without Him. I have been through the hills and valleys and he has always been faithful. I call on him when I am down and I call on him when I am up. He’s the way, the truth, and the life. Also, My mom has been the biggest influence for me. To see her work so hard to take care of her kids is a blessing and I strive to one day love my kids as much as she loves us. Also, Whitney Thompson has held me down through everything and has always been by my side to help me. She always encourages me and motivates me.
What motivates you to work hard?
- I’m from a city full of can’t. You can’t do this. You can’t do that. You’re not big enough, you’re not fast enough, your dreams aren’t “realistic”, and people just don’t want to see you succeed. I’m always told it’s not that simple. it’s a lie people will tell you over and over again to get you to give up. But I believe it is that simple. That’s why I work so hard. Hard work will get you anywhere.