Texas A&M Commerce is a powerhouse in Division 2’s Lone Star Conference and they are coached by former Rice head coach David Bailiff, a zero tolerance kind of guy. Well, this week Bailiff was able to set an example when they revoked the letter of intent of Terrien Collins a football standout at Jasper High School.
Collins, who is charged with aggravated sexual assault of a child and unlawful restraint of a person less that 17 years old, will not be playing for Texas A&M Commerce next year.
The school released this statement, distancing themselves from Collins and the serious situation.
“Lion Athletics is aware of the very serious charges brought against a young man who had signed a letter of intent to participate in intercollegiate athletics at Texas A&M University-Commerce, the statement read. “In light of the grave nature of these allegations, he has been released from his letter of intent, and the young man will not be a Lion student-athlete nor admitted to the institution this fall.”
About time a school does it right. This was a good move for the Lions football team, and the school.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Breaking: Tampa Bay Buccaneers To Sign Antonio Brown ift.tt/3m9GlMC
about 27 mins ago
- ICYMI:Fantasy Doctors: Aaron Jones injury update; How bad is his calf injury? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/aaron-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 41 mins ago
- Come on, we only got 6 retweets? Ya'll better be watching this show tonight. You may make me stutter too, because… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for October 23, 2020; Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- ICYMI:2017 NFL Re-Draft: Browns take Patrick Mahomes with the first overall pick nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/2017-n… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago