- Name: Taj Jenkins
- Height: 6’0
- Weight: 188
- Position: CB/Nickel
- College: SEMO (Southeast Missouri State)
- Twitter: @taj_jenkins
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from Tampa, Fl , and what I love most about it is the bonds I’ve made on and off the field around the city.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- •Film study
- •Strength and conditioning
• Film is first to make sure you know your opponent and their weaknesses . Practice is second because in order for you to perform on what you’ve studied you need to practice those game situations.Strength and Conditioning is last because, Yes you have to condition and hit the weights hard but if you don’t know what your doing you will be swole on the bench.
What do you worry about, and why?
• Making sure I can take care of my family , I want everyone to not have to worry about anything.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I took my ACT for the first time and got like a 16 , I needed an 18 to be able to go D1 and make one of my dreams come true . I didn’t study the first time but this time I got the practice book and worked in it every night until the next test date and I ended up getting a 20.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
•I think they would say my energy, I’m one of those guys that’ll make you laugh and get you going. I love competition.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
•It would be a tie between Omar Bayless from Arkansas state or Chris Rowland from TSU
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
•I’d probably be an Actor
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• My room
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would have to go with family because I’m loyal.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would be Martin Lawrence on Martin , he’s totally legit.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest advertising would be just being slept on and a football player , it’s been happening my whole life but I’ve still made it to the next level and I’m working as hard as I can to continue that pattern.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• I got pantsed in 6th grade and somebody took a picture as it happened lol.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• When I got my playoff interception against Stony Brook in the first round of the FCS playoffs last year , we were down and we came back and won.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Wit it -Gunna
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• I’m very quick , I’ve always had that quick twitch and as a DB wit my size and being able to move like that is good against these Quick/Fast receivers.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My Grandma because I miss her.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• The 20K Lounge
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Mike Ford
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected because respect goes a long way.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Josh Gordon , because that man is unreal on the field.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Love to Win
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
•My biggest influence would be my Father because he’s taught me most of what I know and I learn from his mistakes which makes me a better me.