Right now there are many concerns with the coronavirus, and many think college football could be postponed. The N.C.A.A. Division I Council voted already to open the door to another year of eligibility for all spring-sport athletes, whose seasons were cut short by the coronavirus outbreak.
So if this continues, this could turn to football. If that happens, here is my question, how many kids will wait and sit out of football compared to trying to earn money?
Many football players come from less fortunate families, and they are not making money at college. I think with the XFL opening their doors for college players and players three years removed from high school, I could see many players taking their talents to the XFL.
Shoot, yesterday the best HBCU pass rusher in the 2021 NFL Draft chose to leave the NCAA to join the CFL. This is actually a very smart move in my opinion. Demetrius Harris will leave Fort Valley State University after dominating in 2019 and play for the Saskatchewan Roughriders for a year getting paid rather than staying in college. He had already graduated, so he will move on to his career, which is what most college students do.
The reason this is smart is because Harris can go get film in Canada, and then next year he would be a free agent and can sign with any NFL team. He does not have to wait on the Draft, he can get signed before the draft. I like this move to be honest, especially if you have the talent to get signed.
With the recent success of Kenny Robinson in the XFL, the West Virginia safety who decided to play in the XFL rather than participate in the NCAA his senior year, many more could be ready to make the jump.
I would not be surprised if this year there are tons of players entering the Supplemental Draft in the NFL also. Many players will decide to turn pro rather than sit a year out of football.
Football could change forever with this virus. It will be interesting to see if the NCAA puts anything in their policies to try to stop this. I would not be surprised to see more players follow in the footsteps of Harris and Robinson.
If the season is postponed, I think the number of players leaving early will double.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:Here’s What Types of Gambling NFL Players Can Enjoy nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/nfl-21/ #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/G4Ws6jAgY9
about 9 mins ago
- Did You See This:Fantasy Doctors: Joe Mixon injury update; Could be more serious than we believe… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 17 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Football Friday FLEX Of The Week: Justin Jackson, RB, LA Chargers nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/justin… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 22 mins ago
- Last Chance:Beyond the Negotiation Podcast: Sam Tiger and Hygens Success talk about life as an NFL Agent… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 23 mins ago
- Did You See This:2018 NFL Re-Draft: Lamar Jackson and Josh Allen go 1 and 2 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/2018-n… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 25 mins ago