- Name: Dion Earls Jr.
- Height: 5’6
- Position: Returner/WR
- College: Ferris State University
- Twitter: @Poundforpound20
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• Born and raised in Chicago, Illinois. What I love most about Chicago is The “Blue Collar Mentality” of most Chicagoans; that hard work, determination we display daily.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• 1. Practice, 2. Film Study, 3. Strength/ conditioning. I strongly believe practice is definitely at the top of the list of importance; continuous reps and going thru live drills/plays helps improve your overall game. Film Study, although equally as important helps you review not only how you performed in practice to correct any deficiencies, but also helps prepare you for your next opponent; and last strength and conditioning with just as much importance as the previous two, helps prevent injuries as well as keep your body ready to perform against the competition.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about not having the opportunity to showcase my talent due to my size.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• A perfect example of when I failed is during one particular game, it was very windy and I had a couple of mishaps receiving punts. During the game I regrouped, and focused on what I usually do.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Good football IQ, explosive and a team player.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Matt Judon/Grand Valley State/Baltimore Ravens
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Entrepreneur in Social Work, and Coach High School Football.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• Family because my family is everything to me.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Will Smith because he’s very versatile Actor, family man, and Community Activist.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Growing up in Chicago with so many negative outside influences trying to distract me from succeeding. I handle the adversity mainly my staying focused, mentally tough, and staying within my circle of family and friends. They recognized the determination I had and helped guide/support me along the way.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Having trouble fielding punts one game
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Scoring the go ahead touchdown against Minnesota State to advance to National Championship 2018 Season.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Meek Mill- Believe
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Mental Toughness
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My grandfather because he always kept everyone just laughing all the time and was always a joy to be around.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Tops and Bottoms
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• DJ Moore/Carolina Panthers
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected. Respect is earned and means I’m doing things the right way.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Mike Vick; he was one of the best in the game at the time, and allowed illegal activity to almost jeopardize his career, family and livelihood.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Love to win.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
My father had the biggest influence on me because I watched him transform his life into bigger and better things. Seeing that transformation had a big effect on me because I never see him worry and always makes things happen; someway somehow. No matter what, he always makes sure the people around him are good.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:Three men sentenced to prison for the killing of Bakersfield College football star Aaran Porter… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 33 mins ago
- Splash’s Week 4 Picks ift.tt/2Gsje0h
about 34 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Thomas Hennigan, WR, Appalachian State nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/thomas… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 42 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Justus Reed, DE, Virginia Tech nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/justus… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/254koQLDcS
about 56 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Brett Heggie, OL, University of Florida nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/brett-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago