- Name: Daniel Parr
- Height: 6’3
- Weight: 215
- Position: QB
- College: Duquesne
- Twitter: @ParrNation13
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
● Jupiter, FL. It’s paradise just five minutes from the beach and being able to go out on the boat with friends and family and embrace the south Florida lifestyle.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
● Practice is number one for me personally. I am a hands on learner and being able to physically rep plays and situations in live situations is the best way for me to learn. Film study would be second because preparation is crucial heading into any game. Each game is a chess match and you always have to be a step ahead of your opponent and make them play your game. Strength and conditioning would be last because even though being physically dominant is crucial in the game of football I believe the game is more about mindset. Instilling the fact that you are going to win and dominate and believing it no matter the size of your opponent.
What do you worry about, and why?
● I’m not a person who typically worries about things. I believe worrying just brings unnecessary anxiety. But if I had to pick one thing I would say preparation I always like to make sure I am fully prepared for every opponent by doing the utmost.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
● My first couple years in college I had a couple classes that I did not pass initially and had to retake them. The second time around I made sure to change habits in class such as making sure I was sitting in the front, asking questions, and taking notes. And I also changed my studying habits by reviewing notes every night and being more thorough in understanding my homework instead of just seeking to complete it.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
● Being a good teammate and staying true to my character. I never try to be someone that I am not, because when you do people question your true character. For me personally my character is being calm, cool, and collected. I am not a big “rah rah” yelling and screaming type of leader, but rather someone that people can get behind and follow when adversity strikes. You don’t earn respect by saying what you’re going to do, you earn respect by executing.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
So many players come to mind but a guy that always gave us problems was Cam Gill from Wagner. He’s one of those guys that you always have to account for because if not he can be a game wrecker. Our whole game plan against Wagner was centered around running away from him and constantly chipping and doubling him in the pass game to contain him.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
● I always had a dream of being a trauma surgeon. Because of my love for football I decided not to pursue the medical field in college but that would be such an exciting job. They have to be so skilled and calm under immense pressure. It is a job not many people can handle but I always felt like I had the type of personality and skillset to handle a job like that. Minus actually knowing how to perform surgery. But being able to save people’s lives moments after tragic accidents would definitely be an awesome job.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
I always clean my car first because I feel more people see the inside of my car compared to seeing my room or desk. Plus I spend a lot of time in my car driving so I like to make sure it is clean. According to researchers more intelligent people tend to be unorganized so I like to think that is why my room tends to stay more on the messy side.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
● Definitely a family member. I feel most people would choose their families over strangers also just because of the emotional attachment and loyalty people have to their families. If I had to choose my mom or dad over people I don’t even know I am going to choose them every time over strangers.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
. I would definitely be Spongebob, he’s my all time favorite cartoon character and everyone loves Spongebob!
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
● My 2017 was a very adverse year for me. I started by having to get surgery in the offseason which left me in a position where I couldn’t play spring ball and left me in the 3rd string spot coming into camp at FAU. But it drove me to work harder than everyone else because I had to prove myself all over again. Because of that I won the starting job at the end of camp. A few weeks later I got benched in favor of another QB which ultimately led me to transfer to Duquesne. All these people gave up on me but I still believed in myself and a year later I led Duquesne to the best season in school history with a NEC title and the first ever playoff win in school history.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
● My freshman year I got caught skipping class by my coach and because of it he moved me down on the depth chart heading into fall camp in the midst of a position battle. I’ll never forget how disappointed I felt in myself and how I felt like I let me and my teammates down by not giving my best efforts.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
● NEC Championship game on the road VS Central Connecticut. Threw a 68 yd touchdown pass in a tied game with 30sec left in the 4th quarter to win the game and avoid going into overtime and secured our playoff spot.
● Second would be 95yd TD pass at FAU vs Navy to set the program record for longest play in school history.
What song best describes your work ethic?
● War Ready by JayDaYoungan…It’s just a song about always staying on your grind and not caring about what other people say or what their opinions might be.
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
● I’m resilient, I’ve been through high points and low points in my career but I never gave in and I never folded under pressure even when the stakes were at their highest. I can get punched and knocked down but I’ll always get up ready to fight.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
● Definitely Kobe, just to ask him about his work ethic and mentality and what his secrets to success were.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
● The End Zone, cause when you get in the end zone you gotta bust out your best moves because everyone is watching.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
● Ben Roethlisberger, I’m a Steelers fan so I’m a little biased but he’s been one of the best in the league for such a long time and set so many records, and I feel like nobody mentions his name in the conversations for the greatest quarterbacks in league history. He’s definitely a first ballot hall of famer in my opinion and I think he will be in the future.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
● Definitely respected, you can like a person but not necessarily respect them to the fullest. But I can tell you people I don’t necessarily like but definitely respect. I carry myself with the attitude that I’m not trying to make friends. I’m trying to be successful and when you are successful it’s hard for people not to respect you.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
● Josh Gordon, he was such a talented player and was so impressive to watch but just couldn’t handle his off the field personal issues. Probably because he didn’t have anyone playing a role in his life to help him with those issues and he resorted to smoking marijuaana and drinking to cope with them. It’s easy to not feel bad for guys who ruin their careers because they get in legal trouble where they do harm to others, but I think seeing someone as talented as Josh Gordon kind of just fade into the abyss due to drug abuse is sad because we never got to see his full potential. I think he could have been one of the greats if his career never got derailed.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
● I hate to lose more than I like winning. Winning is everything but it is expected in my mind, but I’m a very competitive person and I hate to lose more than anything. In football and everything else that is a competition I hate to lose because I always like to prove that I am the best in everything, maybe even if I’m not I enjoy challenges and trying to beat my competition.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
●My parents forsure, they’ve always been there to support me even when others did not believe in me. They’ve sacrificed so much for me to be able to pursue my goals and they still continue to do that for me everyday by providing me with everything I could ever need and more. There have been many people who have helped and supported me in my career but my parents have loved and supported me through every step of the journey good and bad.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Are Bills making a TRADE? | Still TRUSTING the PROCESS? | NFL Draft Diamonds ... youtu.be/-3aE7MYLUnE via @YouTube
about 13 mins ago
- Being on #TheRicoReport got me hype! @REALRICO_BF @Pierre_Kingpin @BfloFanatics the fans are great! Glad I could br… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 17 mins ago
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for October 23, 2020; Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 56 mins ago
- Did You See This:2017 NFL Re-Draft: Browns take Patrick Mahomes with the first overall pick nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/2017-n…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 58 mins ago
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for October 23, 2020; Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago