Bob McGinn released his latest article on edge rushers from the 2020 NFL Draft, and in it was some pretty interesting information. Chase Young the pass rusher from Ohio State University had a 19 on his wonderlic, while a few others did pretty well. Let’s check out the list of guys that were named in the article.
- Chase Young, Edge, Ohio State – 19 out of 50
- K’Lavon Chaisson, Edge, LSU – 27 out of 50
- Darrell Taylor, Edge, Tennessee – 12 out of 50
- Alex Highsmith, Edge, Charlotte – 26 out of 50
- Casey Toohill, Edge, Stanford – 30 out of 50 – Top Score for this group
This is what one of the scouts said about Young as a prospect.
“I don’t think he’s as talented as Jadeveon Clowney. Clowney was lazy. Cruise control isn’t a term that I use but that’s exactly what (Young) does. He puts it in cruise control. He was dominant anyway, but he picked his spots. He overpowers guys or just runs around those big, slow tackles in the Big Ten.”