- Name: Ahmad DeRamus
- Height: 6’0
- Weight: 190
- Position: Quarterback
- College: Tuskegee University
- Twitter: @ad___iii
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• The thing i love most about my hometown is the support I’ve gotten from day 1. They treat their own like superstars and I’m forever grateful to be from Gadsden, AL.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film Study, Strength and Conditioning, Practice. I say this because the most important thing especially as a Quarterback is knowing what the opposing team is doing so you can set your game plan. I firmly believe that strength and conditioning makes you durable throughout the season but also let’s you break tackles as well. Practice makes perfect so the more repetition you get the better.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I try my best not to worry too much about anything but if it was something I did worry about it would probably be that my friends and family are always okay because that’s the reason I get to work everyday!
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• My biggest failure to date was being the starter in worst loss probably in Tuskegee history. I overcame it by coming in a few games later and throwing a touchdown on the first play I was in.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• I would say either my work ethic or my leadership
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Either Ken Hike Jr. one of my teams DB’s or Osband Thompson also a LB I was fortunate enough to play with. Both are the two hardest workers I’ve ever had to compete with.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Definitely motivational speaking because it’s just natural to me. I actually look forward to more of that when my career ends.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• Room because that’s where I am most of the time and I hate to feel cluttered.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• One family member because my entire family has supported me from day one so i trust them more than anything.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• The Joker because you never know how he’s feeling. I feel like nobody ever knows when I’m down like him because I’m normally always wired up.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity was going to college at an HBCU and remaining myself through it all, there’s a lot of distractions and naysayers but when I look back I overcame it all.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• In a 7on7 tournament one time in high school the ball slipped out of my hand midplay and I screamed out “ahh”. It just so happened everybody got quiet when I said that.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Coming in my junior year against Albany State in the middle of a drive and throwing a touchdown on the very first play to Javarrius Cheatham.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Counted Steps by Rod Wave
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Mamba Mentality because it includes every aspect of the game from competitiveness to leadership. It makes you the best player on the field and the best teammate.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• Reginae Marbury a little girl I knew who died from cancer. I would do it just so I could tell her what all she has motivated me to accomplish.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• It’s A Vibe
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Larry Fitzgerald, he never drops passes ever yet nobody gives him the attention on a yearly basis.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected because you can’t control people’s personal emotions towards you and just because you like me doesn’t mean you won’t try me.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Michael Vick easy, he was the NFL and right when he was figuring it out he was set back and even though he was back in the league and successful he wasn’t the same physically as before.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose, losses sit way longer than wins do.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My family more specifically my sisters. My oldest sister attended an Ivy League and graduated which told me I could do whatever I set out to do she beat the odds. And my middle sister taught me how to enjoy the moments I’m in, its like she lives fearless and I try to do the same.
Follow Us on Facebook