1.Cincinnati – Joe Burrow, QB, LSU – There is no way the Bengals cannot take him at this point. The Bengals need a gunslinger and the former LSU quarterback really took a step in the right direction last season leading his Tigers to a National Championship victory.
2. Washington – Chase Young, DE, Ohio State – The Redskins have been rumored to taking a quarterback but I do not believe it. I think they were just trying to get someone to jump up to the #2 spot to select Tu’a. Young is a sack machine and he will join Ron Rivera in DC.
3. TRADE: Detroit trades back to 16 with the Atlanta Falcons – Atlanta – Derrick Brown, DT, Auburn – Falcons want to land a top tier pass rusher and Brown is the guy. The massive run stuffer fits the mold perfectly and the Falcons have been known to be aggressive to get their man. The Falcons give up a lot but they feel Brown will be a super star in the NFL for years to come.
4. NY Giants – Jeffrey Okudah, CB, Ohio State – The Giants land the best cover cornerback in the NFL Draft, after getting sniped by the Falcons. They really love Derrick Brown and were hoping he would fall, but the Falcons take their guy. So the Giants go BPA and fill a team need by selecting Okudah.
5. Miami – Tu’a Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama – We all know that the Dolphins love Tu’a and this falls to them perfectly. The Giants staying put and taking Okudah helps all the quarterbacks fall to the Phins. Dolphins get their guy and run to the podium to select him.
6. LA Chargers – Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon – The Chargers find their quarterback. Herbert is a West Coast QB and he will stay on the West Coast. The big armed quarterback is going to a team that will use him right away. Tyrod Taylor will start the year but Herbert will take over the top spot by week 8.
7. Carolina – Jedrick Wills Jr., OL, Alabama – The Carolina Panthers have a new quarterback in Teddy Bridgewater and they have a solid running game, but they need to find a way to protect the quarterback and open holes. Wills Jr. is one of the meanest players in the draft.
8. Arizona – Tristen Wirfs, OL, Iowa – The Cardinals have a stacked offense now and just like the Panthers, they need to find a starting offensive lineman. Wirfs is a monster of a man and can protect their franchise quarterback for years to come.
9. TRADE: Jacksonville trades the 9th pick to the Las Vegas Raiders – Las Vegas – Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama – Mike Mayock wants a wide receiver, and Jeudy is the best in the draft class, they trade the 12th pick as well as a 2nd to move up to select the physical Jeudy.
10. TRADE: Cleveland trades with the Denver Broncos – Denver selects WR CeeDee Lamb. It is very clear the Broncos want a wide receiver and when CeeDee Lamb falls to 10 overall and Jeudy is selected the Broncos panic and need to get in front of the Jets who they know will select Lamb. This is a great move and a solid move but it did cost them two high picks.
11. NY Jets – Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville – The Jets need to protect Sam Darnold, they missed on so many big time targets in free agency, and they need a monster at OT to keep Darnold upright. This move makes too much sense at this point.
12. TRADE – Jacksonville f/LV – Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia – The Jaguars have a new quarterback and they have an opportunity to draft a top offensive lineman. They love Andrew Thomas and he was there by trading back. They land great value in him and still get a blindside blocker for the Great Gardner Minshew.
13. San Francisco f/IND – Javon Kinlaw, DT, South Carolina – The 49ers traded DeForrest Buckner to the Colts for this pick and they find his replacement. He is a massive defensive tackle that will make it a living hell for offensive lines.
14. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Isaiah Simmons, LB, Clemson – Doesn’t it suck when the rich get richer? Well the Buccaneers land a top 5 pick in Isaiah Simmons, who falls to them. Last year they traded Kwon Alexander and now they get a replacement. This kid is a freak and will help the Bucs defense immediately.
15. TRADE – Cleveland f/DEN – K’Lavon Chaisson, EDGE, LSU – The Browns trade down and land one of the best pass rushers in the draft. With the huge contract of Olivier Vernon, the Browns potentially found a cheaper replacement. This is a great draft pick for the Browns.
16. TRADE: Lions f/ATL – Kristian Fulton, CB, LSU – The Lions trade down quite a bit but still land former LSU standout Fulton with the 16th pick. Many have CJ Henderson rated higher but the Lions like the physicality of Fulton more. Lions land additional picks and still land a future starting cornerback.
17. Dallas – CJ Henderson, CB, Florida – The Cowboys land a top cornerback in the NFL Draft, and that is their biggest weakness. I love this pick up for the Cowboys. Henderson is a tall and long cornerback and will help replace the void of Byron Jones at a much cheaper rate.
18. TRADE: Miami f/PIT trades pick 18 to the Philadelphia Eagles – Philadelphia selects Henry Ruggs III, WR, Alabama – Dolphins land additional picks, Alshon Jeffery and the 21st pick to trade down a few spots. The Eagles land a speedy receiver with great hands.
19. Las Vegas f/CHI – Kenneth Murray, LB, Oklahoma – The Raiders have a need at wide receiver, but I think getting a starting linebacker like Murray is key. I like the Raiders defense but Murray is a centerpiece for their future.
20. Jacksonville f/LAR – Grant Delpit, S, LSU – Delpit is the best player available at this point, and I love the Delpit draft pick. Not many are going to understand it, but this move makes too much sense at this point.
21. TRADE: Miami f/PHI – Josh Jones, OT, Houston – The Dolphins find a protector for their new starting quarterback. They were able to pick up an additional pick and a starting wide receiver in Alshon Jeffery added to this big offensive tackle.
22. Minnesota f/BUF – Justin Jefferson, WR, LSU – Three LSU players in a row? Wow, the speedy Jefferson ends up going in the first round and will be the replacement of Stefon Diggs teaming up with Tajae Sharpe and Adam Thielen.
23. New England – Jordan Love, QB, Utah State – The Patriots sit and do not move and they still land a franchise quarterback. Tom Brady is gone, but a new era is about to take off under Jordan Love the 6040 gunslinger.
24. New Orleans – Yetur Gross-Matos, EDGE, Penn State – You can never have enough pass rushers, and the Saints feel like a great landing spot for the former Nittany Lions pass rusher.
25. Minnesota – Xavier McKinney, S, Alabama – The Minnesota Vikings have two safeties on their current roster and one is reportedly on the trading block. They add a freakish player in McKinney and fill an immediate need.
26. Miami – f/HOU – D’Andre Swift, RB, Georgia – The Dolphins crushed this draft, they landed T’ua, Alshon Jeffery, Josh Jones and then the best running back in the 2020 NFL Draft. Swift becomes the immediate starter in Miami and will help take the pressure off their young quarterback.
27. Seattle – AJ Epenesa, DE, Iowa – The Seahawks would love to have Jadeveon Clowney back, but this move just makes too much sense. Epenesa is one of the best pass rushers in the draft, and should have been drafted by this pick.
28. Baltimore – Patrick Queen, LB, LSU – The Ravens linebackers are suspect in my opinion and this move makes too much sense. I love the 6000 229 pound linebacker in that defensive front.
29. Tennessee – Cameron Dantzler, CB, Mississippi State – The Titans have interviewed almost every cornerback in this draft class, and it seems obvious they are going corner at 29. I think Dantzler fits their mold perfectly after crushing his recent virtual pro day.
30. Green Bay – Jeff Gladney, CB, TCU – Gladney has had a meeting with the Packers already, and the Packers have a need at the corner position. I think this move makes too much sense for the Packers. They have some solid players but Gladney can play multiple positions in a secondary.
31. San Francisco – Trevon Diggs, CB, Alabama – Stefon Diggs little brother has found a home and will be a stud for the Niners. The 6010 cornerback can tag team with Richard Sherman, and help solidify the 49ers secondary.
32. Kansas City – Zach Baun, LB, Wisconsin – Baun has solid coverage skills and can rush the passer too. I like this pick for the Chiefs. He can come in and compete for a starting spot day one.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Fantasy Doctors: Jeff Wilson Injury Update, How serious is his ankle injury? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/jeff-w… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 mins ago
- Kittle has 251 career receptions and joined JORDAN REED (266 receptions) and Pro Football Hall of Famer KELLEN WINS… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 18 mins ago
- Appearing in his 50th career game, San Francisco tight end GEORGE KITTLE had five receptions for 55 yards in the 49… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 19 mins ago
- Kamara has at least five receptions in 32 games, tied with ROGER CRAIG (32 games) for the second-most among running… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 19 mins ago
- Kamara has 2,528 career receiving yards and is the fourth running back in NFL history with at least 2,500 receiving… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 19 mins ago