The NFL Draft is one week away. I cannot wait, and neither can NFL fans around the world. Every year there are about 17-25 small schoolers drafted in the NFL Draft. This year with the coronavirus, I think we could see a smaller number than normal. There will be a few guys that were noticed at All-Star games that will get a shot, so let’s go through the top 25 players in small schools, and predict where they are drafted.
- Jeremy Chinn, S, Southern Illinois – I think Chinn will be the first player selected. He had a great Combine and proved his worth on the field his senior year with the Salukis. I think Chinn hears his name called in the 2nd round, and is the first small schooler drafted.
- Kyle Dugger, S, Lenoir Rhyne – Yep, two safeties taken first. Dugger can play multiple positions and is a freak athlete. I think Dugger is drafted in the 2nd round as well. He becomes the first Lenoir Rhyne prospect to be drafted in a really long time.
- Adam Trautman, TE, Dayton – The tight end class is not that great this year, but I feel Trautman will impress teams. He is more of a receiver than blocker, but teams can use him in the red zone. I see Trautman hearing his name called in the 3rd round.
- Ben Bartch, OG, Saint Johns (MN) – The small school offensive lineman will have teams gushing for him. I expect 7 offensive tackles to be taken in the first round. I think the run on good offensive lineman will run quickly and I think Bartch hears his name at the end of the 3rd round or early 4th.
- Isaiah Coulter, WR, Rhode Island – The kid left school early following his cousin Aaron Parker and he ends up getting drafted in the 4th round. I think Coulter could go in the 3rd, but one team will fall in love with him and take him in the 4th.
- Kyle Murphy, OL, Rhode Island – The second Rhode Island player taken but this time it is in the 5th round. Murphy is a versatile player that teams will fall in love with, because he can play so many different positions on the line.
- Alex Taylor, OT, South Carolina State – The massive offensive tackle will hear his name called because he is so athletic. I think he ends up getting drafted in the 6th round. He will be a steal for whatever team takes him.
- Derrek Tuszka, DE, North Dakota State – Tuszka is a kid that has great size and speed for an edge rusher. With the low amount of solid prospects in this draft class I think Tuszka finds a way to get drafted in the 6th round.
- James Robinson, RB, Illinois State – The kid is a workhorse, but with running backs not getting drafted until the 2nd round, it drops players like Robinson. There are still so many solid players on the board, but you cannot compare them to Robinson’s pedigree. He is selected in the 7th round.
- Charlie Taumoepeau, TE/FB/H-back, Portland State – He had a solid showing at the Combine, but his size will keep teams from him early. I think a team will show him some love in the 7th round.
- Jonah Williams, DE, Weber State – Just like Tuszka, edge rushers are hard to find and I think a team will select him in the 7th round. He is a strong pass rusher and someone will give him a shot.
- Kristian Wilkerson, WR, SEMO – Not many are talking about this kid, but I feel he can be drafted in the 7th round. He is a speedy wide out that has been getting a lot of attention since the College Gridiron Showcase.
- Josh Pearson, WR, Jacksonville State – This is a SUPER deep wide receiver class and I think Pearson is a guy that will hear his name called because not many wide outs in this class are 6030 and can go up and get the ball like Pearson. I feel he is a steal in the 7th round.
- Bryce Sterk, DE, Montana State – Another pass rusher, this class is extremely short on them, and Sterk is a high quality pass rusher with great size and speed.
- Josh Avery, DT, SEMO – Yes, two players from SEMO on my list. Avery is not being talked about enough, the guy is a space eater. I think he will hear his name called next week. If he is not drafted in the 7th round he will have teams lined up for him.
- Prince Robinson, CB, Tarleton State – Not many with the ability of Prince, because he is dominate as a corner and as a return man. He is a talented player who I think will hear his name called in the 7th round.
- Jonas Griffith, LB, Indiana State – I am going to go out on a limb here and say he is the only linebacker drafted from the small school level. I think Griffith is being overlooked big time, but he can bring something special to the league. He is Darius Leonard 2.0.
Guys with a good shot at hearing their name called but I have as High Priority Free Agents are:
Kevin Davidson, QB, Princeton, Pete Guerriero, RB, Monmouth, Mason Kinsey, WR, Berry College, Matt Cole, WR, McKendree, Aaron Parker, WR, Rhode Island, Chris Rowland, WR, Tennessee State, Juwan Green, WR, Albany, Manasseh Bailey, WR, Morgan State, Ben Ellefson, TE, North Dakota State, Kyle Hinton, OL, Washburn, Josh Brown, OL, College of Idaho, Zach Johnson, OG, North Dakota State, Austin Edwards, DE, Ferris State, Chauncey Haney, DE, North Greenville, Rondell Carter, DE, James Madison, LaCale London, DT, Western Illinois, Chris Williams, DT, Wagner, Auzoyah Alufohai, DT, West Georgia, Dante Olson, LB, Montana, Christian Rozeboom, LB, South Dakota State, Cam Gill, OLB, Wagner, KiAnte Hardin, CB, Pittsburg State, Manny Patterson, CB, Maine, Isiah Swann, CB, Dartmouth, James Hendricks, S, North Dakota State, Luther Kirk, S, Illinois State, Brayden Konkol, S, Montana State and Alex Pechin, P, Bucknell.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Could the Chicago Bulls Hire a New Coach? ift.tt/378Wtro
about 50 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Small School Rankings with over 600 prospects nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/05/small-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/B0uaO6G7kp
about 1 hour ago
- Last Chance:Announcement UPCOMING Pro Days: 2020 MFE Elite Virtual Pro Days w/ Zybek Sports nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/06/announ…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Marcus Hawkins, LB, Sacramento State University… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Mason Sikes, TE, Boise State University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/06/mason-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago