• Name: Tony Williams
• Height: 6’2
• Weight: 280
• Position: DT/Nose
• College: Indiana State University
• Twitter: @TonyWill9105
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I love how goal oriented my hometown is. Just about everybody that comes from my hometown has goals to be successful, and it’s overall motivating to be around.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film study, Strength and Conditioning, Practice – I put film study above all because that is the mental preparation and the better you know your opponent, the more edge you already have over them. And then Strength and Conditioning because the better shape you’re in, the less they’ll be able to keep up.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about my mother being proud of me. The reason why is because I want her to know that with whatever I do or will do that I am going to give it my all.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• Out of high school I did not have the grades to continue playing football at really any school. So I had to go the JUCO route. JUCO taught me the importance of owning up to my mistakes, the importance of working hard, and how to be a man. If it were not for that experience I would have probably never went D1.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates would say my best quality is my work ethic.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Major Bellamy
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• If I didn’t play football anymore I would get into teaching. I am big on helping kids not have to experience mistakes that I made, and help them get started in the right direction.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• First one I am cleaning is my room because I spend the most time there.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would save three strangers. The reason why is because the role that they might play in someone else’s life could be bigger than my reason for saving my one person.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would be Charlie from Always Sunny in Philadelphia because despite his craziness, they all love him and he makes them laugh.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity is when my parents divorced when I was like 12/13. I really had to go through experiences that taught me how to become a man. At first it was hard without my dad around, but eventually I became the man of the house, and did a good job playing that role.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• I don’t usually get embarrassed.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Probably the last play of my JUCO career. It was in a Bowl game, and the last play me and one of my close friends split a sack to end out JUCO careers. It was like “going out on top” you could say.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Fear, by Drake
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• My athleticism playing interior lineman.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• Kobe Bryant
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Tony’s Tavern
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Chris Jones
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would rather be respected because whether you like me or not you have to admit I’m good at something.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• This past year with Antonio Brown. He is a player that has had big impact on the game, and I feel that he is lost without being able to do what he loves to do.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Love to win. When you’re winning the vibe is good and everybody is happy and keeps rolling with momentum.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My mom is the biggest influence on my life. I’ve seen her at her top, and I’ve seen her at her lowest point. She has always shown me perseverance and determination and always put my sister and I first. She continues to keep me inspired.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for October 23, 2020; Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Aaron Jones injury update; How bad is his calf injury? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/aaron-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 hours ago
- Last Chance:2017 NFL Re-Draft: Browns take Patrick Mahomes with the first overall pick nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/2017-n… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 5 hours ago
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for October 23, 2020; Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 5 hours ago
- Last Chance:That Sports Guy’s Podcast: Taron Mallard, TE, Bethune-Cookman nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/taron-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/yuMJqr8BUW
about 5 hours ago